I had the opportunity to attend the International Association for Court Administration (IACA) conference in Sydney, Australia last week. Congratulations to IACA for a very successful 7th conference with an amazing group of court leaders from more than 40 countries around the world.
Distinguished speakers and panels presented important court administration topics including on the first day a range of important presentations:
- Opening keynote address National Judiciaries in a Global Economy delivered by Hon. Chief Justice Robert French AC Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia
- Courts Governance Structures and Court Excellence
- Succession Planning in Court Administration
- International Perspectives on Access to Justice and the Empowerment of Women Affected by Family and Domestic Violence
- The Court Administrator: Succession planning and developing future leadership
- Access to Justice for Vulnerable Groups
- Governance: The exploration of the roles of judicial officers & court administrators and how the relationship may be improved and enhanced
- Balancing Security and Access through Courthouse Design
Read More »
Tags: 21st Century Government, Connected Justice, Courts, IACA, International Association for Court Administration
The second day of the Courts Excellence in a Changing World conference was even better than the first with a number of best practices demonstrating court excellence. Many of these best practices involve technology innovations that provide the foundation for transformation.
The best practices shared provided the courts capabilities for 24x7 citizen services, reduced costs, increased transparency, access from anywhere at anytime, increased citizen satisfaction, and more.
Read More »
Tags: 21st Century Government, Connected Justice, Court Excellence, International Association for Court Administration, Smart Courts
I am fortunate to have the opportunity to attend the Courts Excellence in a Changing World conference in Dubai, UAE this week. Hosted by the International Association for Court Administration (IACA) in association with the Dubai Courts and the DIFC Courts as host judiciary.
This event in Dubai is the first of its kind in the Middle East region and the sixth International Conference to be held by IACA and the largest so far with representation from over 50 countries around the world.
The agenda’s theme is “Court Excellence in a Changing World” with leaders from judicial organizations from the Middle East and all over the world attending to share, and gain knowledge about best practices, latest strategies for change and successful examples of court efficiency.
Read More »
Tags: 21st Century Government, Connected Justice, International Association for Court Administration, operational excellence, Smart Courts