In today’s business world IT professionals have to manage multiple collaboration applications in order to support an increasingly mobile workforce, flexible desktop solutions as well as collaboration and video rooms within their organizations. The collaboration environment is multi-endpoint and multi-vendor and reaches beyond enterprise boundaries – both B2B and B2C.
Compounding this IT challenge is the maturity of the collaboration market. To date, companies have typically made significant investments and want to protect these investments as they move forward. In particular, companies want to protect the quality of experience as they move to integrate across department, company and consumer boundaries, and as they look to expand their deployments. This challenge grows more acute as the market rapidly evolves towards innovations such as H.265 and WebRTC.
Companies are looking for true interoperability with a seamless user experience that:
– Allows them to benefit from new innovations
– Interoperates with existing and future investments
– And, works across company boundaries and functions in a diverse environment
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, collaboration, h.265, infocomm 2013, interoperability, standards, TelePresence, video, Video Contest, WebRTC
What a great reception at InfoComm 2013! We had the opportunity to share with customers the innovations we are driving around conferencing to deliver better scale, quality and interoperability. They are excited about what we are doing to make conferencing more affordable, while at the same time maintaining the high quality experience that they expect from Cisco.
It was fantastic to see such a high level of interest in our new pervasive conferencing announcements. Here are a few highlights of what we demonstrated at the show:
- Further increases in scale, enabling greater efficiencies and affordability – we now support up to 96 video systems in a single meeting and virtually unlimited participants through WebEx enabled TelePresence.
- Simplified solution choice with a broader range of deployment options – now included is virtualized software, and the new compact Multiparty 310 and Multiparty 320 appliance platforms.
- Entry level packages for new customers – customers can now deploy a compact appliance solution, and start from one screen license.
- Increased interoperability – we now provide support for interworking with H.264 SVC clients. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, collaboration, hardware, infocomm 2013, interoperability, TelePresence, video, WebEX
I’ve just had the honor of speaking at this year’s InfoComm conference and wanted to share with you some of the ideas I explored in depth during my session. It’d be great to hear your thoughts in response and get a conversation going … because, to me, that sort of collaboration is just what the future of digital communication is going to be about.
The way I see it, we’re moving from an “Internet of Things” to an “Internet of Everything.” The Internet of Things is the connection of the 50 billion apps and clouds and devices that join up to networks and enable some level of communication. But the Internet of Everything is about synthesizing these connections and data to transform business processes and make them accessible to people in ways that matter in the real world. The real value is in the connections—in other words, it’s about enabling truly powerful collaboration. The value of the Internet of Everything is only as good as the breadth of the people, process, data and things it can reach.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, collaboration, infocomm 2013, Internet of Everything, standards-based, TelePresence
Today Cisco is introducing new Pervasive Conferencing capabilities that further simplify and enable video collaboration for everyone. It’s about increase in scale throughout your organization along with greater efficiencies and affordability. Consider doubling the number of endpoints while keeping costs at a few dollars per user per month.
Enhancements across our collaboration portfolio make it easy to migrate, upgrade or implement a new deployment, and give you flexibility to customize solutions for what your business specifically needs. Let me share a few announcement highlights:
- Deployment options: We’ve made it easier for you to choose your deployment. Virtualized, on-premise, or cloud, you can use the platform that works best with your infrastructure strategy.
- Broader reach: Extend high-quality multiparty video and web conferencing meetings to more endpoint types with our expanded support of high-definition mobile devices. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, cloud, collaboration, conferencing, infocomm 2013, pervasive, TelePresence, video