Back in March, together with our partners, we announced plans to build the world’s largest global Intercloud. We consider this global network of clouds to be the next phase of cloud computing and a key part of the Internet of Everything.
Open and Secure Hybrid Clouds
This energy continues. In the following video, our partners share how they’re integrating our ACI and Intercloud strategies to meet the needs and demands of their customers. I find the diversity of comments and approaches our partners share in the video enlightening. Their projects represent a broad spectrum of technologies, highlighting the breadth of impact that the Intercloud will have on us all. I can see why they are all so excited and why ‘Intercloud’ is fast becoming an industry term.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, collaboration, hybrid, InterCloud, Internet of Everything, video
By Mark Loesel, Cloud Solutions Marketing, Cisco
I hope that you are able to join us at Cloud Connect this week in Santa Clara as we have much to share with you. Cloud Connect is a great show that attracts more than 4,000 industry decision makers, offering an ideal venue for Cisco to share the value of our cloud solutions. Cloud Connect is an opportunity to showcase how we at Cisco are at the forefront of cloud computing, enabling our customers and partners in a world of many clouds. Whether you are building your own private cloud, using services from a public cloud, offering cloud services, or enlisting a hybrid approach, we’re here to have a conversation on how we can help.
In our booth, you’ll find demos on:
- Managing Cloud Network Services: This demo shows how a server/virtualization administrator can create a security policy once for a virtual machine and then make sure of enforcement across the network. Cisco Virtual Network Management Center will be used to show how service chaining can take place with the Cisco Nexus 1000V and virtual Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance and Cisco Virtual Security Gateway as virtual machines are turned up and move throughout the data center.
- Cloud Automation and Orchestration: Learn how to access a service portal to create a request for virtual machine(s) and provision a bare-metal server. The demo will also show how an administrator can create a service catalogue for users to leverage.
- Cloud Computing with Cisco UCS: This solution overview highlights the centralized management with high scalability of Cisco UCS to facilitate building-block entities (policies, resource pools, and templates) for rapid server provisioning.
- OpenStack API for the Cisco Nexus 1000V: Exhibit on how we integrate our Cisco Nexus 1000V with open-source hypervisors to allow for the continued evolution of advanced virtual machine networking and cloud management to provide more control, visibility, and programmability for customers.
In addition to the demos, Read More »
Tags: cloud, cloud connect, hybrid, Intelligent Automation for Cloud, InterCloud, ITaaS, Nexus 1000v, private cloud, Public Cloud, Service Provider, UCS
Businesses and Governments are using multiple clouds in different ways. They are moving core functions in to a controlled private or managed cloud. But they are still using public clouds for new services, content and demand spikes. Some large enterprises are becoming specialized cloud providers for smaller businesses, while traditional providers are using different clouds for different tiers of service. These trends are leading to a world of many clouds with numerous service choices from a variety of cloud vendors. For example IT organizations can:
- Offload complexity and access specialized services (e.g. Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure, Collaboration)
- Share vertical expertise and Intellectual property across data centers (e.g. Regulatory compliance, Data clearinghouse)
- Leverage a Provider’s Capacity for unplanned Demand (e.g. Disaster recovery, Seasonal IT surge)
- Access network-optimized-clouds to deliver content reliably (e.g. Content distribution, Mobile streaming) Read More »
Tags: cloud, hybrid, InterCloud, Nexus 1000v, Public Cloud, Service Provider
The Global Certification team is pleased to announce the Cisco Common Crypto Hybrid Module, C3M-hybrid, has been awarded FIPS validation #1668 and is complete! The C3M-hybrid module leverages AES-NI (C3M, #1643, completed in 2011). This is the first crypto module that leverages AES-NI.
The Cisco Common Cryptographic Module (C3M) is a software library that that can be utilized by many Cisco products. The module provides FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms, including advanced (Suite B) cryptography requested by USG, for services such as sRTP, SSH, TLS, 802.1x etc. Once the FIPS validated C3M is integrated into our products, GCT can engage the FIPS lab to write letters of compliance. In the future, leveraging this FIPS validation while performing HW validation will reduce cost, time and effort.
FIPS-140 is a US and Canadian government standard that specifies security requirements for cryptographic modules. A cryptographic module is defined as “the set of hardware, software, and/or firmware that implements approved security functions (including cryptographic algorithms and key generation) and is contained within the cryptographic boundary.” The cryptographic module is what is being validated.
Tags: 1668, certificate, certified, Cisco, Common, crypto, fips, hybrid
As 2011 comes to a close, what do you think 2012 will bring? We predict it will be the Year of the Cloud!
In this last episode of Partner Update for 2011, Andrew attempts to communicate with the entire CloudVerse, until he learns what it actually is (a set of cloud capabilities that helps our partners build public, private, and hybrid clouds for customers).
What else made the news over the past couple of weeks? We crowned two partners winners of the 25 Words contest for their witty entries, look closely at how Cisco partners are helping to build a fast and secure network to help customer Doss Aviation power fighter jets, learn best practices around Smart Care Services and building better customer relationships, find out how OnPlus can help partners diagnose and fix network issues from virtually anywhere on any device, a services cheat sheet to help build relationships and increase profits, and more.
Tune in and watch our latest newscast covering the top Cisco partner headlines, as always, in under 5 minutes.
Keep reading for links to the top headlines, time stamps so you can find each news item within the video, and more details on each of the stories we covered.
Read More »
Tags: charities, Cisco, cloud, coudverse, customer, data center, doss, hybrid, OnPlus, partner, private, public, services, smartcare, WWPO