In today’s world, technology is changing how we work every day. We’re always on the go – working from anywhere in the world at any time, and we’re increasingly dependent on our mobile devices to keep us connected. We want the best user experience regardless of where we are, and we want to know that we can always connect, that our connection is secure, and that our enterprise apps will simply work.
I’m thrilled about our new partnership we announced today with Apple. We are coming together to optimize Cisco networks for iOS devices and apps, integrating iPhones with Cisco environments and providing unique collaboration capabilities on iPhones and iPads. Together, we will enable mobile apps and experiences that deliver the quality and experience we need while meeting enterprise requirements for management and security.
Our two companies share a common passion to create a vastly improved mobile work experience. We also recognize the enormous opportunity we have to bring together the leading mobile platform and the leading provider of secure networks and collaboration to make the mobile work experience what it should be. What makes this new partnership unique is that our engineering teams are innovating together to build joint solutions that our sales teams and partners will take jointly to our customers.
Joint Engineering Efforts
Cisco and Apple both have deep cultures of innovation, and each of us brings expertise in complementary areas. There is no doubt our engineering teams will deliver incredible results as they drive deep joint development.
Initially, our teams will focus on:
- Delivering unparalleled performance and end-to-end solutions on Cisco networks and iOS devices
- Extending the Cisco Unified Communications experience to the iPhone
- Transforming team collaboration with iOS experiences on Cisco Spark, Cisco TelePresence, and Cisco WebEx
Strategic partnerships and co-development are both key pillars of Cisco’s innovation strategy. This relationship highlights the value and innovative customer solutions that result when we do both.
Together, Cisco and Apple will help employees and businesses collaborate and innovate anytime, everywhere, with an amazing user experience every time. We will do this by delivering a high-performance mobile experience for every employee, and a powerful collaboration platform for every business. This partnership is made for today’s mobile, digital world and we could not be more excited about what is possible as we move forward together.
Tags: collaboration, futureofmobility, futureofwork, mobilework, partnership, Rowan Trollope
There was significant Small Cells buzz during last months Mobile World Congress, where Cisco announced a range of innovative products and solutions that can be used to accelerate the market adoption of small cells. In particular, I spoke at the Small Cell Forum’s Small Cell Zone were I described how Cisco is accelerating enterprise small cell deployments, through a combination of:
- driving an E2E enterprise architecture that is able to span single 50 sq.m teleworker installations through to 50,000 sq.m campus deployments
- cloud based Mobility IQ providing Wi-Fi and Small Cell network, user and business intelligence with dashboards that enable integration into enterprise managed service offers
- channel enabled commercial models that leverage Cisco’s installed base intelligence and vertical sector segmentation to prioritize, qualify, design and install enterprise small cells
- and, the topic that I want to drill into today, virtualizing small cell core networks and management systems that can be deployed in minutes instead of months, and consumed on a pay-as-you-grow basis
Small Cells have always been easy to deploy with integrated self configuration capabilities and Cisco has now deployed over Read More »
Tags: Cisco, futureofmobility, HetNet, mobility iq, Service Provider, small cell deployments, wifi
Innovations in mobility have made it possible for us all to connect from pretty much anywhere in the world, turning wherever we are in to our office. And mobile connections show no signs of slowing. By the end of 2014, the number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the number of people on Earth!
As with any technology, mobility is constantly changing, having to meet the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce that desires to conduct “business as usual” from anywhere. And while companies have realized the importance of investing in mobility solutions, critical questions remain that must be answered for them to determine what needs to happen next to remain competitive and maximize their mobility efforts:
- How has mobility changed your business?
- What do you need to impact your future business initiatives?
- How is mobility influencing behavior among workers and customers?
- What’s got you excited for the future of mobility in your organization?
Join me on Twitter this Friday, June 27 at 10 a. m. PST/1 p.m. EST for an exciting and insightful hour about the #FutureOfMobility in the #InnovateThink Tweet Chat. Join me @RachaelMcB and @CiscoIoE alongside @ron_miller to learn more about how mobility has transformed the business landscape and why companies must continue to keep pace with the possibilities it creates. Simply use the hashtags #InnovateThink and #FutureOfMobility on Twitter to join the conversation.
Tags: future of mobility, FutureOf, futureofmobility, innovate, innovatethink, Internet of Everything, IoE, mobility, Rachael McBrearty, Tweet Chat, tweetchat