There was significant Small Cells buzz during last months Mobile World Congress, where Cisco announced a range of innovative products and solutions that can be used to accelerate the market adoption of small cells. In particular, I spoke at the Small Cell Forum’s Small Cell Zone were I described how Cisco is accelerating enterprise small cell deployments, through a combination of:
- driving an E2E enterprise architecture that is able to span single 50 sq.m teleworker installations through to 50,000 sq.m campus deployments
- cloud based Mobility IQ providing Wi-Fi and Small Cell network, user and business intelligence with dashboards that enable integration into enterprise managed service offers
- channel enabled commercial models that leverage Cisco’s installed base intelligence and vertical sector segmentation to prioritize, qualify, design and install enterprise small cells
- and, the topic that I want to drill into today, virtualizing small cell core networks and management systems that can be deployed in minutes instead of months, and consumed on a pay-as-you-grow basis
Small Cells have always been easy to deploy with integrated self configuration capabilities and Cisco has now deployed over Read More »
Tags: Cisco, futureofmobility, HetNet, mobility iq, Service Provider, small cell deployments, wifi
Innovations in mobility have made it possible for us all to connect from pretty much anywhere in the world, turning wherever we are in to our office. And mobile connections show no signs of slowing. By the end of 2014, the number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the number of people on Earth!
As with any technology, mobility is constantly changing, having to meet the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce that desires to conduct “business as usual” from anywhere. And while companies have realized the importance of investing in mobility solutions, critical questions remain that must be answered for them to determine what needs to happen next to remain competitive and maximize their mobility efforts:
- How has mobility changed your business?
- What do you need to impact your future business initiatives?
- How is mobility influencing behavior among workers and customers?
- What’s got you excited for the future of mobility in your organization?
Join me on Twitter this Friday, June 27 at 10 a. m. PST/1 p.m. EST for an exciting and insightful hour about the #FutureOfMobility in the #InnovateThink Tweet Chat. Join me @RachaelMcB and @CiscoIoE alongside @ron_miller to learn more about how mobility has transformed the business landscape and why companies must continue to keep pace with the possibilities it creates. Simply use the hashtags #InnovateThink and #FutureOfMobility on Twitter to join the conversation.
Tags: future of mobility, FutureOf, futureofmobility, innovate, innovatethink, Internet of Everything, IoE, mobility, Rachael McBrearty, Tweet Chat, tweetchat