On May 25 2015, I had the honor to participate on a panel on Digital Inclusion of Women for Gender Equality at WSIS 2015, held in Geneva, Switzerland:
Women with varying backgrounds from all parts of the world, passionately discussed the opportunities to advocate for change both in the industry and in government.
Questions for all of us to posit may be the following: Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, CEWN, Cisco, Cisco Empowered Women's Network, cisco live, digital inclusion, Forum, gender equality, SHE, WISE, Women in Science and Engineering, women in tech
We are heading to The Strip once again next week as sponsors of the Hotel Technology Forum (HTF). This time, we are staying in some very comfortable territory and get to experience our own solutions in action. The Bellagio will be hosting HTF from April 17-19 and expects to have many hospitality leaders pass through its lobby.
In late 2012, the Bellagio along with three other MGM Resorts’ properties completed a Cisco Systems Network Wi-Fi installation. An instant upgrade, hotel guests and conference attendees no longer have to pay a fee or enter a password to access the wireless local area network (LAN) via their smart phones, laptops and tablets. HTF show-goers will experience a network that is 30 percent faster than similar large-scale wireless networks as well as all 330 access points The Bellagio has to offer.
Read More »
Tags: bellagio, Cisco, Forum, hospitality, hotel, hotel technology forum, htf, network, technology, wi-fi, wireless, wireless network
The Common Criteria Users Forum (CCUF) Management Board is pleased to announce the CCUF-CCDB (Common Criteria Development Board) Workshop September 11th – 13th, 2012, as a preceding event to the International Common Criteria Conference (ICCC) in Paris, France.
As was done at the Tokyo workshop, the CCDB has invited active Industry participation in a Private + Public Partnership dialogue for the majority of the joint meetings. To allow for greater numbers to participate in interactive dialogue and directly with the CCDB, an extended closing meeting will be held between the CCUF and CCDB on Thursday at the Microsoft offices.
The Tuesday and Thursday sessions will be held at the Microsoft Office in Paris; Wednesday Cisco will be hosting workshop participants at their offices.
Wednesday will be composed of breakout topics amongst the CCUF participants, and will be held at the Cisco Office. The main topics for Tuesday and Thursday, which will be presented to the CCDB during the closing session on Thursday, are:
- Framework for coordination between Common Criteria technical communities
- Role of CCUF in the work of forming, supporting, and cross-fertilizing Common Criteria technical communities
- Taking forward the work on ‘innovation’
- How to efficiently, effectively, and fairly use the associated technical community to maintain the collaborative Protection Profile as new approaches are developed
The Cisco Global Certification Team (GCT) is looking forward to this opportunity to interact with our peers, be an active voice in the Common Criteria community, and work together to further this program as the global standard in security and assurance certifications. If you have any questions or comments on the CCUF-CCDB workshop, please contact Alicia Squires at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: board, CCDB, CCUF, Common, Conference, criteria, Development, Forum, ICCC, International, users
The Global Certification Team is proud to have a presence at RSA 2012 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco!
We will be taking part in several talks and presentations, including the following:
- The CC Forum Interim Steering Committee – This time will be used for both the Terms of Reference working group and the Governance working group.
- Open Group Trusted Technology Forum (O-TTF). The O-TTF is developing a set of best practice requirements and recommendations for Supply Chain Security, that when practically applied, create a business benefit in terms of reduced risk of acquiring tainted or counterfeit products for the technology acquirer.
- “Lock it down or Free it Up” – Special keynote address by Christopher Young, Senior Vice President, Security and Government Group, Cisco – Wednesday February 29, 3:10 p.m.
Be sure to check out this link
for the live stream of the Keynote addresses.
We are looking forward to meeting with our peers from around the globe. If you are attending any of the above workshops or talks, look for us!
Tags: chain, chris, Forum, group Technology, keynote, Open, RSA, security, supply, young
Watch Cisco CTO Padmasree Warrior talk about her “mind-blowing” experience at this year’s World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland. She mingled with experts from around the world discussing topics like cloud computing, security, and hyper connectivity.
“The breadth and depth of the expertise that comes together in one place from around the world is simply mind blowing.”
Tags: cloud, cto, Davos, Economic, Forum, Padmasree, security, Warrior