Coming soon, to you – The next-generation TV experience.
It’s called Videoscape.
It’s a comprehensive TV platform for service providers. It combines digital TV and online content with social media and communications applications to create a new, immersive home and mobile video entertainment experience.
And it’s from Cisco.
Announced today, Videoscape is an open platform that utilizes the cloud, the network and client devices to deliver new video experiences on the next-generation Internet. Cisco introduced five product families that work in conjunction with its portfolio of network products and technologies.
- The Videoscape media gateway for the integration of voice, linear and online video, high-speed data, Wi-Fi and network traffic routing.
- The Videoscape IP set-top box, engineered to support all forms of video – pay TV, broadcast, premium channels, VoD and online — to new Web 2.0 applications.
- Videoscape software clients that extend the Videoscape experiences to a wide variety of home and mobile devices, from connected TVs to tablets, smartphones and more.
- The Videoscape Media Suite which offers full life-cycle content management offering service providers the ability to efficiently and cost-effectively manage and publish content across multiple screens.
For consumers, Videoscape offers:
- Access to vast entertainment content sources, including broadcast, pay TV and online, that integrates the Internet, social media, communications and mobility.
- Ease of use
- More sources of video to your screen
- More social and interactive features
- More choices for content on the go
- Cisco quality of experience
Check it out!