This week the best in government gathered in Denver for the 2012 Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference and we’d like to share a few themes we saw as well as excerpts from some of the conversations we had with Cisco booth visitors.
First of all, we’d like to thank everyone that stopped by our booth; we had a lot of traffic and received amazing feedback on all of the products we demoed.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure, Cisco VXI, DoDIIS, FMV, full motion video
Two of Cisco’s finest will be presenting a breakout session today, April 2 at the 2012 Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Mike Harttree, Technical Solutions Architect, and Gary Hall, Chief Technology Architect, will present “Survey of Wireless & Mobility Architectures for Communication and Collaboration,” from 3:20 p.m. to 4:05 p.m.
Mobile and wireless technologies are transforming the way the world works. Personal and corporate mobile applications enable individuals to collaborate in new ways to improve their productivity. One of the great myths in the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense is that security concerns prevent wireless technologies and mobile devices from being used in support of a mission. The reality is that the wireless infrastructure is already in place and is expanding rapidly throughout the DoD community. How this infrastructure is integrated into enterprise and mission architectures is the key to successfully deploying more wireless capabilities and protecting information such as classified data, when it is transmitted over a wireless medium.
Read More »
Tags: collaboration, dod, DoDIIS, Gary Hall, Mike Harttree, mobility, Secure Communications, TelePresence, vdi, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, voice over IP, voip, wireless
Next week, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) will be hosting the 2012 Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Since Cisco TelePresence is helping government organizations around the world connect visually from anywhere at any time, it’s only natural we are attending one of the leading government conferences.
In booth #801, experts at Cisco will be demonstrating a number of its innovative telepresence technologies including:
- The Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Set is a flexible solution that helps you easily turn any flat panel display into a powerful telepresence system for small to medium-size meeting rooms. The SX20 Quick Set delivers high-definition video quality, multi-party conferencing, and three different camera options to accommodate room size and configurations. At a value price, the SX20 Quick Set provides the performance expected of more expensive systems, in a sleek, compact, multi-featured package.
- The Cisco TelePresence System EX Series transforms the workplace by combining work, communications, and collaboration – all on the desktop with just the touch of a finger. Colleagues can instantly work together, whether they are separated by a hallway, a street, or several time zones. As part of the EX Series, the Cisco TelePresence System EX90 (EX90) and Cisco TelePresence System EX60 (EX60) support vivid, lifelike 1080p30 video, natural collaboration, and the simplicity of a touch screen interface for a complete solution that helps ensure conversations are more productive.
- Cisco Cius is a tablet purpose-built for business and delivers end-to-end security, manageability, collaboration features and mobility for today’s workforce.
- Jabber is a unified communications application that allows people to be more productive from anywhere by providing a single interface across presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, video, voice messaging, desktop sharing and conferencing.
- Sneak Peak at Jabber for iPad– Cisco Jabber for iPad is a unified communications application that provides messaging, presence, voice, voice messaging, and video calling capabilities on the Apple iPad.
Attendees will also be able to see Cisco technologies at our partner booths including CDW-G (booth #607), CIS Secure Computing (booth #1018) and GTSI (booth #654).
Stay tuned for more information about Cisco’s participation at the conference and make sure to follow #Ciscogov on Twitter for news from the event.
We are looking forward to the event and hope to see you there!
Tags: CDW-G, CIS Secure Computing, Cius, Defense Intelligence Agency, Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems, DIA, DoDIIS, EX Series, EX60, EX90, GTSI, jabber, Jabber for iPad, SX20 Quick Set, TelePresence