Join your government, education and healthcare peers at the National Town Hall for the Next Generation Workplace event December 15 co-sponsored by Cisco and VMware. This townhall will be hosted online with participants joining via 10 TelePresence locations across the US.
During this free interactive virtual discussion, government, education, and healthcare leaders will share their experiences deploying virtual desktops and the transition to the virtual workplace including specific concerns relative to desktop management, security, policy, and desktop delivery, and gaining control of desktop TCO. The Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) is an end-to-end, tested system that delivers the next generation virtual workspace by unifying virtual desktops, voice, and video.
Read More »
Tags: Bring your Own Device (BYOD), Connected Government, desktop virtualization, Virtualization Experience, VMware, vxi
Dateline Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Citrix Summit and Synergy, October 2011
Last post I said I’d get back to you to give you, at least, my opinion of why Citrix and Cisco are partnering up. As you might have seen from the dateline above, it’s easy to find out when you get to Citrix Summit and Synergy. It has to do with the global and ubiquitous Cisco networks deployed by organizations everywhere. Citrix is doing great with XenApp (last I heard, well over 50,000,000 licenses) and is poised to do even better with XenDesktop.
Read More »
Tags: citrix, desktop virtualization, ICA, ISR, NME-WAE, PCOIP, QoS, RDP, SRE, View, Virtual Experience Client, VMware, vxc, vxi, waas, WAN Optimization, XenApp, xendesktop
Today, there is lots of buzz around the big news from Cisco and our ecosystem partners with the launch of next generation VXI validated solutions. If you missed our launch event, you can still get all the details online via our community.
Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) delivers desktop virtualization with secure access to data, voice, and video for fixed and mobile devices.
Pretty cool but, why is virtualization important for government agencies?
- cost control, more than ever government agencies are focused on strategies to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs
- flexibilty, allow government workers ability to work in different workplaces, from city hall to public works, with choices of different combinations of virtual desktops, voice, and video devices including latest smartphones, tablets, and Cisco Virtualization Experience Clients (VXC)
- security, better security and control of information in the data center rather than distributed endpoints and with the “bring your own device” (BYOD) to work phenomenon, security is more critical than ever
- uncompromised, helping government agencies achieve mission objectives without compromising cost or resilience mandates
See more details below. Read More »
Tags: Borderless Networks, Cisco Validated Designs, collaboration, cost control, CVD, data center, desktop virtualization, desktop virtualization infrastructure, endpoints, government challenges, software appliance, thin client, thin clients, vdi, video, virtualization, virtualization experience infrastructure, Voice, vxi, waas, WAN, wide area network
It’s an exciting day at Cisco because today the company unveiled the next phase of its Virtualization Experience Infrastructure with host of innovations that are bringing the new virtual workspace to life.
What does this virtual workspace look like?
- First of all, it’s all about the experience: giving end users a way to actually enjoy exceptional voice and video collaboration in a virtualized desktop environment.
- It’s about simplicity: how can we help IT support a data center infrastructure that can host ever-increasing numbers of virtual desktops with simplicity, scalability, security.
- And, it’s about giving IT the tools they need to deploy with confidence: providing customers with innovative ways to speed large scale deployments.
To find out what we are doing in each one of these areas, take a moment to watch this video featuring Roberto De La Mora, senior director, Collaboration Solutions Marketing, Cisco.
You can also learn more by reading the press release or visiting the Virtual Launch Experience, where you can see demonstrations of newly announced products, ask Cisco product experts questions about our latest introductions, or attend an in-depth technical briefing.
Read More »
Tags: desktop virtualization, thin client, virtual workplace, virtualization, vxi
Today, Cisco announced a strategic alliance with Citrix focused on helping customers simplify and accelerate large-scale desktop virtualization deployments—which means the companies will work across a broad range of technology areas, including datacenter, networking, devices, multimedia to deliver more integrated desktop virtualizations solutions.
Sounds nice, but I wanted to know than just vision, so I met with Gary Borad, Cisco’s the partner manager supporting the Citrix relationship to hear how Cisco and Citrix actually hope to deliver on this vision. Here is what he said…
Read More »
Tags: citrix, desktop virtualization, partnership, vxi