At the recent Cisco Live Cancun, Cisco IT setup a booth among other Cisco Partners including EMC, Panduit, NetApp, CITRIX, Alestra, and Cisco Business Units including Services, Security, Collaboration, and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). This Cisco Live was mainly targeted to clients and partners of Cisco from Latin America. Read More »
Today the DevNet Developer Conference kicked off in Moscone West. DevNet is a mini-conference you can attend within the larger Cisco Live that gives hands-on experience with the many APIs Cisco is developing.
The DevNet Zone includes the following activities:
- Theater Sessions: API technical sessions, executive spotlights, and thought leadership sessions
- Hands-on learnings labs that let you code APIs on working platforms and systems
- A 24 hour hackathon (for non-Cisco participants) with first prize of $5000
- Demo pods showcasing Cisco and Partner technologies
- A demo of Tech Fund project on Augmented Collaboration (AKA Project Spring Roll!)
I’d like to especially call out a few sessions (the full session can be found on http://devnetzone2014.sched.org)
- Monday, May 19 at 9-10:30am: CTO Panel with Cisco CTOs Dave Ward, Tom Edsall, John Apostolopoulos, Bret Hartman, Lew Tucker, and Susie Wee (moderator)
- Monday, May 19 8-9am: Coding Skills 101 – How to call REST APIs from Python and JQuery is a hands-on intro to REST APIs- bring your laptop to code- no experience necessary.
- Monday, May 19 1-2pm: APIC Enterprise Module API – This session will present the basic constructs of the controller such as the policy engine, and the capabilities of the REST API. There will be examples of how these capabilities can be integrated into other applications to simplify operations, improve security and enhance user experience.
- Tuesday, May 20 8:30 – 9:00am Cisco UCS Scripting Tools & SDKs Overview This session will educate developers and customers on available utilities and demonstrate the power of the Cisco UCS XML API.
- Wednesday, May 21 8-9am: Coding Skills 101 – How to call REST APIs from Python and JQuery If you missed it the first time, it’s back! This is a hands-on intro to REST APIs- bring your laptop to code- no experience necessary.
- Thursday, May 22 11:30-12:30pm API Management at Cisco In this session we will introduce Cisco’s API Management Strategy, with a focus on consumption ready APIs that are developer-friendly using consistent lifecycle management and governance.
It is a great opportunity to have Cisco Live in San Francisco, so close to Cisco headquarters. One of our goals is to create a vibrant DevNet developer community. If you’re in the area I encourage you to stop by. Those who wish to attend just DevNet can get a $49 explorer pass covering all 4 days – Use the code DevNetCL14). I also encourage you to join the DevNet program at http://developer.cisco.com and start some discussions in our DevNet community forums!
I look forward to seeing you here!
By Leonard Luna, Senior Marketing Manager, Cisco Service Provider Solutions
This past March at OFC/NFOEC’14 in San Francisco, California, Cisco was a once again a significant part of the leading edge dialog. Organizers took full advantage of the dynamic Moscone Center facilities to create a highly compelling environment for suppliers, analysts, industry experts and end users to collaborate on optical and networking solutions. The event was very successful for Cisco from both a face-to-face and social media perspective.
Above: View onsite observations from Sanjeev Mervana, Cisco Sr. Director Product & Solution Marketing, direct from Cisco booth at OFC’14
This year, we leveraged one of our largest booths ever to create some ambitious live demos showcasing how Evolved Programmable Networks (EPN) are designed to handle the challenges and opportunities presented by the Internet of Everything. The entire Network Convergence System (NCS 6000, 4000 and 2000) was live within the booth, and one year after its introduction at OFC, an expanded Cisco CPAK family of transceiver modules was also featured, including the LR4, SR10, ER4 and show favorite – the Cisco CPAK 10 x 10G LR solution.
If you missed your opportunity to engage with Cisco at OFC’14, you can view the following video demos created right on the show floor to see a few of our attendee’s favorites: Read More »
We’ve been telling you about Cisco Live UK and the Cisco Industrial Booth for a couple of weeks now. Well, Cisco Live UK 2012 is finally here at the ICC London ExCeL, One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London, which is a major relatively new Conference and Exhibition Venue.
Held from January 30th through February 3rd in London, we have have our very own Cisco Industrial Solutions booth especially aimed at helping manufacturers and companies in many industrial sectors with their networking and business challenges. See later on in the blog for a map fo exactly where the booth is in the World of Solutions.
We have plenty of demonstrations planned there covering: Read More »
Tags: #CLEUR, booth, cisco live, cisco live uk 2012, Converged Industrial Ethernet, Converged Industrial Wireless, demonstrations, demos, Industrial Data Management, Industrial Machine to Machine, Industrial Solutions Booth, Manufacturing, Workforce Enablement
As many of you know Cisco Live UK will soon be held at the end of this month – that’s from January 30th through Feb 3rd in London. Cisco Live is actually Cisco’s flagship event of the year for customers and partners and offers an unparalleled combination of education and training on the latest technologies and industry trends.
This year, we’re going to have a major presence with our very own Cisco Industrial Solutions Booth. Targeted at manufacturers in industries like Automotive, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods, as well as organizations in Transportation, Oil and Gas, and utilities like Water and Waste Water Treatment, the booth will showcase our capabilities in industrial networking, wireless networks, collaboration and more.