We had so much fun last year…and so far, they are letting us come back. We had fun doing a little promo for the trip…an excuse really…to let Jimmy Ray play dress up, let me work on my Alfred Molina impression and most of all…let Producer Steve Ewertz loose so he can shoot/edit/compose the way he likes!
As 2011 comes to a close, what do you think 2012 will bring? We predict it will be the Year of the Cloud!
In this last episode of Partner Update for 2011, Andrew attempts to communicate with the entire CloudVerse, until he learns what it actually is (a set of cloud capabilities that helps our partners build public, private, and hybrid clouds for customers).
What else made the news over the past couple of weeks? We crowned two partners winners of the 25 Words contest for their witty entries, look closely at how Cisco partners are helping to build a fast and secure network to help customer Doss Aviation power fighter jets, learn best practices around Smart Care Services and building better customer relationships, find out how OnPlus can help partners diagnose and fix network issues from virtually anywhere on any device, a services cheat sheet to help build relationships and increase profits, and more.
Tune in and watch our latest newscast covering the top Cisco partner headlines, as always, in under 5 minutes.
Keep reading for links to the top headlines, time stamps so you can find each news item within the video, and more details on each of the stories we covered.
Transforming to the world of many clouds? Just add to your Cisco Optimization services contract – It’s that easy!
Previously, I blogged that the concept of “cloud in a box” is a misnomer. As I discussed then, transitioning to cloud is not a one off occurrence, it is a journey. This was emphasized further when, earlier this month, we launched Cisco CloudVerse, introducing the concept of the World of Many Clouds. So what is the quickest and easiest way for you to start on this journey to the world of many clouds?
Cisco Data Center Services has a simple proposition for you: Just add our recently announced Cloud Optimization Service through your existing Cisco Cisco Data Center Optimization Contract! If you have Cisco Network Optimization Service, or “NOS”, talk to your account manager on how to leverage the Cisco Data Center Optimization deliverbles
Optimization services are our most popular Cisco Advanced Services offering, so there is a fair chance you have such a subscription service today already. (You may have seen my previous blogs around Cisco Data Center Optimization Service, see here and here).
Oh – and if you don’t have a Cisco Optimization Service such as the Cisco Data Center Optimization service, or Cisco Network Optimization Service (“NOS”) – then you should get one! Optimization services are our most popular Cisco Advanced Services offering – so if you don’t have one, your competitors almost certainly will.
Here I’ll take some time to explain what this service is and how it will help you start or evolve your cloud transformation.
On December 6th Cisco announced CloudVerse, an integrated set of capabilities that enables customers to deliver cloud applications and services by uniquely combining the unified data center and cloud intelligent network. Key to this is Cisco’s Unified Data Center architecture which is comprised of three technology pillars: Unified Computing, Unified Fabric, and Unified Management.
The following provides a description of CloudVerse, focusing on new cloud management offerings and capabilities that enable customers to build and operate private, public or hybrid clouds… the world of many clouds:
- Cisco CloudVerse uniquely combines the unified data center and cloud intelligent network as the platform to deliver cloud services. CloudVerse brings a unique set of advantages:
- Assured Cloud Experience by uniquely combining the unified data center and cloud intelligent network
- Agile, Dynamic and Efficient Cloud – delivering cost savings and time to market advantages, while simplifying the management and deployment of services
- Accelerated Deployment through pre-tested designs like VMDC, through pre-tested ecosystem integrated solutions such as Flexpod and Vblock
- Simplified management an operation through integrated management of compute, network and storage – for both the DC and the network
- Cisco Unified Data Center provides a complete Data Center infrastructure architecture. It combines compute, storage, network, security and management into a fabric architecture that delivers outstanding performance for physical and virtualized business applications. Created to help companies evolve to cloud computing environments, Unified Data Center embeds automation and simplified operations at the Server, Network and Cloud-Services Layers.
- Unified Management provides automation and lifecycle management frameworks to manage and simplify the deployment and operations of Network-Layer, Compute-Layer and Application/Cloud-Services-Layer within the Data Center. This includes Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco Network Services Manager, and Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud, as well as the integration with Cisco’s application, virtualization and storage ecosystem partners.
- Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud features the newScale self-service portal and service catalog, which has been re-branded as Cisco Cloud Portal, and the Tidal automation software, which has been re-branded as the Cisco Process Orchestrator. Together, we’ve combined and integrated these software products into a powerful and intelligent management solution for enabling IT-as-a-Service.
- Cisco Network Services Manager automates and provisions network infrastructure services using powerful abstracted models and policies that define and control the characteristics and behavior of the Cloud, and how Cloud services are accessed by end-users.
- Cisco UCS Manager Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Manager provides unified, embedded management of all software and hardware components in the Cisco UCS. It controls multiple chassis and manages resources for thousands of virtual machines.
To get more information on CloudVerse and Cisco Unified Data Center, please read the following blogs:
- Blog on Cisco Unified Data Center: http://blogs.cisco.com/datacenter/cisco-unified-data-center-changing-the-economics-of-the-data-center/
- Blog on Cisco Unified Management: http://blogs.cisco.com/datacenter/the-secret-is-now-out-you-can-simplify-cloud-deployments-with-cisco-unified-management/
Congratulations on a great first year for your Data Center Deconstructed blog.
I say yours because you choose the subject matter through the questions you submit. Sure, I do the writing and video production but really I’m just the chauffer. My hands are on the steering wheel; you decide where we go.
As we come to the end of the road that is 2011, let’s check the rearview mirror and see the most popular stops along our path. Here are the Data Center Deconstructed topics that garnered the most attention this year: Read More »