By Leonard Luna, Senior Marketing Manager, Cisco Service Provider Solutions
Cisco’s Packet Optical Networking Conference (PONC) triumphantly returned to Dallas this past May after two consecutive years in San Jose. Over 270 members of the network operator community attended the ninth iteration of this annual event. The conference followed the traditional 3-day agenda:
- Day-1: General Session presentations featuring Cisco leadership/experts, industry analyst and VIP customer presentations, with the Keynote delivered by Kelly Ahuja, Cisco SVP Service Provider Segment.
- Day-2: Workshops – Attendees selected from 12 sessions covering a variety of solutions including packet, optical, SDN, EMS/NMS, orchestration, cloud, PON, transceiver technology, and segment routing.
- Day-3: Exposition & Bonus Technical Sessions. A variety of over 10 live demonstrations were on display including 4 bonus technical sessions covering TDM migration, Optical Network Design, High Speed Optics, and Virtual Routers.
A diverse representation of providers attended the PONC including local, national and global providers, cable, educational, financial and government operators, system integrators and industry analysts. Many attendees have made Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Cisco’s Packet Optical Networking Conference, Dallas, network operator, Optical, PONC, service providers, spring, Spring PONC, workshops
In my March 18th post, I wrote about a series of Cisco educational webinars on the challenges and opportunities of cloud computing. Two of the webinars take place soon – April 9 and April 17 – so you might want to “check them out.”
In addition to those webinars, Cisco is joining leading analyst firm Frost & Sullivan, EMC, and Verizon Terremark for a live seminar series in three U.S. cities (Houston- Dallas- New York City ) , entitled
CxOs are adopting the Cloud at increasing rates, allowing IT expenditures to be targeted at business growth. This seminar will address not only why but how the Cloud is being implemented successfully with high availability, security, and regulatory compliance.
Each seminar will delve into the business benefits and adoption trends of Cloud Computing during an informative morning session. Attendees will hear:
- Insights on satisfying ever-increasing enterprise and business unit computing needs through secure, on-demand Cloud-based (IaaS) solutions
- The latest on business adoption and technological trends in Cloud Computing
- Appropriate recommendations for bringing your business into the Cloud
- How the Cloud can help you boost productivity, reduce expenses, and quickly respond to computing resource demands from new projects or business units
I encourage you to register to attend at the location nearest you. Learn how utilizing the Cloud can make your business more flexible, more productive, more cost efficient, and more responsive to ever-changing stakeholder demands. We hope to see you there
April 9, 2013
April 11, 2013
New York City, New York
April 16, 2013
Tags: Cisco, cloud, Dallas, EMC, Frost & Sullivan, Houston, NYC, Verizon terremark
IDC predicts a nearly 40% gap between demand and supply of technical networking skills by year 2012.
To help Cisco partners fill growing gaps in their own talent, Cisco partnered with CareerBuilder to set up three Cisco Talent Fairs across the Southern region of the United States.
“Business has grown by 50% over the past year and a half so we are really needing some additional help and resources to add to our staff,” said Lauren Decker, Senior Marketing Specialist at INX (a Cisco Gold and Master Partner).
This trend is true across the board for partners who are, “experiencing unprecedented growth and success in their business right now,” said Eric Thomas, Cisco Manager of Partner Operations. But Eric notes that the growing pains around finding talent is consistent with every partner he talks to.
The first Cisco Talent Fair was held in March in North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park. As a result of the event, partners who attended have already taken on 12 new hires with roles ranging from Account Managers and Systems Engineers to Project Managers.
More recently, two Cisco Talent Fairs were held in Texas (Houston and Dallas) to help partners find talent to fill Sales, Engineering, Project Management, Inside Sales, and Marketing roles in their companies. Approximately four hundred prospective employees attended the events, and as a result, participating partners now have a large pipeline of candidates.
So, what can partners expect from a Cisco Talent Fair? Check out the video highlights from the Cisco Talent Fair held in Dallas, Texas.
Are you looking to fill the talent gaps in your company? Cisco Channel Systems Engineer Hernan Hernandez shares his top tips on how partners can attract prospective employees. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Dallas, hiring, Houston, INX, jobs, partners, RTP, Talent Fair