In this week’s episode, everything you wanted to know about VSPEX but were afraid to ask. We’re talking VSPEX 101 with Chris Romano and Chad Dunn. They why, the how, and the use cases to back it up. Complete with a VSPEX unicorn, let’s watch:
**The next shoot is last week of January at Cisco Live in Milan! If you want to be internet-famous, contact me ASAP to talk about being on the show.**
This is Engineers Unplugged, where technologists talk to each other the way they know best, with a whiteboard. The rules are simple:
- Episodes will publish weekly (or as close to it as we can manage)
- Subscribe to the podcast here: engineersunplugged.com
- Follow the #engineersunplugged conversation on Twitter
- Submit ideas for episodes or volunteer to appear by Tweeting to @CommsNinja
- Practice drawing unicorns
Join the behind the scenes by liking Engineers Unplugged on Facebook.
Tags: Converged Infrastructure, EMC, vspex
Delivering unified management for converged infrastructure solutions, Cisco UCS Director is an award-winning choice for managing your vBlock, FlexPod or other converged infrastructure solution. In previous blogs, I have mentioned the benefits of Cisco UCS Director:
- How it abstracts the virtualization, compute, network and storage layers into a single pane of glass that reduces the complexity of managing your data center infrastructure
- Speaking fluently to Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus and EMC or NetApp storage, how your organization receives the full functionality and benefits of the compute, network and storage layers. As a stocking stuff, the hypervisor layer is included as well.
- Lastly, comprehensive management across physical, virtual and bare metal environments from a single pane of glass
Have you ever wondered if there was a way to see Cisco UCS Director in action — live with no strings attached?
Well Virgina, there is a way for you to do just that. I am not talking a canned demo or pre-recorded session available for replay. A real, honest live demo — and you can speak with our technical experts.
Numerous sessions are scheduled over the next few months but the next two showings are: December 17, 2013 and January 14, 2014. We have two sessions each day to accommodate different time zones — choose the one that best meets your schedule.
As work begins to slow down in preparation for the holidays, now is the perfect time to take an hour out of your day and learn more about Cisco UCS Director’s centralized automation and management capabilities. It will be an hour well spent.
To reserve your seat, register at: http://bit.ly/I8Vhr3. You can also learn more about Cisco UCS Director by going to: http://buildprice.cisco.com/software/ucs-director
Tags: Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, Cloupia, Converged Infrastructure, EMC, FlexPod, netapp, ucs director, Vblock, VMware
Cisco UCS Director delivers unified orchestration and management for converged infrastructure solutions by abstracting the complexity of individual devices, hypervisors, and virtual machines. This provides administrators with a holistic, converged infrastructure management experience.
Some UCS Director advantages include:
- Open and flexible system, providing multi-vendor IT infrastructure management
- Turnkey solution, quick time-to-value via setup within an hour
- Out-of-the-box support for the most widely deployed converged and integrated infrastructure systems: Vblock, FlexPod, and VSPEX
- Cisco’s unified management approach reduces deployment times from weeks to minutes – for either virtual or bare-metal environments
- Automate your infrastructure management so that your staff can focus on more important business-critical initiatives instead of mundane manual tasks
But don’t just take our word for it. Check out a live technical demo and see for yourself the value and benefits that UCS Director can bring by automating your converged infrastructure. We are currently offering morning and afternoon sessions on December 11th, December 17th and January 14th.
To register for the live webcast, please visit here.
To further familiarize yourself with Cisco UCS Director, watch this video.
Tags: automation, Cloupia, Converged Infrastructure, converged infrastructure management, Infrastructure Management, orchestration, ucs director, unified management
Welcome to Engineers Unplugged, the crossover edition. That’s right, this week, as we answer the question “I’m an Engineer, Why Would I Do That?” with TechWise TV’s very own Jimmy Ray Purser (@jimmyray_purser). He’s taking up the question of why FlexPod instead of of DIY architecture with NetApp’s Joel McKelvey (@joelmckelvey). This episode is lively and informative as our experts explore the solution from a tech and business point of view.
Read More »
Tags: Converged Infrastructure, FlexPod, Jimmy Ray Purser, joel mckelvey, netapp, reference architecture, Techwise TV
In order to provide important services and innovations that better align to business, data centers must deploy advancecd IT architectures. Who says? IDC. In fact, this month they reported that adoption of integrated systems has moved from evaluation to mainstream. And yet IT remains besieged.
What is the essence of the problem? Traditional management tools. While the conversation with IT professionals at all levels is about improving data center efficiency and responsiveness, without unified management and automation, converged infrastructures are only solving half of the problem. Basically IT is still managing the trees instead of the forest.
Let’s look at an example. One industry-leading converged infrastructure solution built around Cisco UCS and EMC storage is VCE Vblock. Standardizing on Vblock delivers scalability, agility and operational efficiencies that allow IT to move away from a tactical mindset toward delivering infrastruture services efficiently to better align with business priorities. BUT, Vblock alone can’t move IT from tactical to business alignment.
Cisco UCS Director is a vital companion to the Vblock data center architecture because it simplifies provisioning and management of physical and virtual resources. Cisco UCS Director lets you manage your entire standardized Vblock environment as a single entity, delivering operational efficiency and reducing costs.
Watch the following video to find out why
Together Cisco UCS Director and Vblock transform IT from a legacy model to a dynamic environment that delivers faster time-to-value, less risk and higher efficiency for today’s 24-hour-a-day business.
Intrigued? To see how Cisco UCS Director can escort you through the forest of innovation, try a free 60-day test drive through your trees toward workforce productivity and reduced operational costs.
Tags: Cloupia, Converged Infrastructure, ucs director, Vblock, VCE, VMware