Digital transformation hinges on the performance of the datacenter.
Cisco would like to share how digital transformation is turning traditional business models on their heads, enabling new innovative customer experiences. This is creating new business dynamics where speed is vital for organizations to stay competitive.
Want to learn more? Make sure not to miss “The Cisco Data Center: Powering Fast IT at Every Scale” session on Tuesday June 9, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm. At this session, Cisco experts discuss our vision for the Data Center and Fast IT, as we go into details on the new technology innovations that enable the policy-architected Data Center.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Cisco ACI, CiscoUCS, datacenter, FastIT, Innovation Talk
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco Partner Ecosystem news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
The good folks over at CRN announced their 2015 edition of the Women of the Channel this week. Cisco was honored to have 11 women named in this year’s list!
Sherri Liebo even posted a blog giving a little more background and inviting you to congratulate the honorees. Please check it out and offer your support in the comments section.
Cisco Live US is next week in San Diego. I left a little reminder from me that I’ll be there. Find me if you’re in San Diego and let’s meet face to face. In the meantime, do check out my blog this week to get an idea on where I’ll be focusing my efforts for Cisco partners while I’m out on the west coast. Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, chuck robbins, Cisco, cisco live, crn, John Donovan, partner, Weekly Rewind, women of the channel
Cisco Live provides a rich lineup of education, with over 700 sessions to increase your knowledge and propel your career. You can also network with likeminded professionals and industry thought leaders providing additional value from your involvement long after the conference ends.
To help you get the most from your Cisco Live experience, be sure to take advantage of these social media opportunities:
- Expand your professional network – Cisco Live offers multiple opportunities to enrich and broaden your network. Start with the arrival tweetup on Sunday night at 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the Social Media Lounge. Meet new friends and connect with Cisco Live veterans over food and drink while you plan your exciting week ahead.
- Join the conversation – Start engaging on Twitter and join the #CLUS conversation while meeting other attendees. Share #CLUS content and you might be our first Yellow Cape winner awarded Sunday night. But don’t stop there! Download the mobile app and check out a list of gaming opportunities to enhance your Cisco Live experience and win prizes along the way.
- Start scavenging – Cisco Live’s popular Scavenger Hunt launches on Monday. Take photos from the scavenger hunt list in various locations and post them on Twitter or Instagram with #CLUS and #CLScavenger hashtags for points towards a daily and grand prize. You could win a daily prize of a $500 Amazon gift card for the most retweeted photo or a $100 Amazon gift card for the most creative and fun photos. The grand prize is a $1,500 Amazon gift card!
- Get the picture – Receive your personalized digital photo from John Chambers, Chuck Robbins, Aerosmith, and Mike Rowe. Starting Monday, June 8, request your personalized photo here, beginning with John Chambers. It’s John’s last year at Cisco Live as CEO. You don’t want to miss this!
- Participate in a #CiscoChat – At this year’s Cisco Live, #CiscoChat is bringing you conversations right from the event floor. With topics ranging from digital transformation to women in technology, each social chat will feature experts who will pose and answer questions and engage with participants. This is a great way to be involved whether you are attending the conference in person or joining from home. A complete #CiscoChat schedule can be found here.
- Follow the hat – Have some fun following @TheCiscoHat, as an anonymous attendee chronicles the Cisco Live’s 2014 Customer Appreciation Hat’s journey to Cisco Live and the discovery of the 2015 hat.
Don’t wait until you arrive in San Diego. Start networking today. Add yourself to @Networkingnerd’s Twitter list and participate in the conversations on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+. The benefits of #CLUS can start today.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Cisco, cisco live, CLUS 2015, digital, social media
There’s no doubt that learning is changing. In the past, learning was constrained by time and place. We all might remember, fondly or not, the traditional classroom, static desks in rows, plumes of chalk dust permeating the air, and trips to the library on foot as a group.
Now, lecture halls are emptying out, and in many classrooms across the country, students can become bored and disengaged. The very educational business model itself is forcing educational institutions to cut costs and find new revenue sources.
Today, the Internet of Everything (IoE) is opening a new world of opportunities for faculty, staff, and students. Students are learning in new ways, in new places, and with new connections to resources around the globe.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, Connected, digital, education, IoE, learning, school, university
Having recently returned from weeks of event keynotes, customer roundtables, briefings and engagements (plus a few culinary adventures) in Greater China, I’ll start there with a few insights and observations. Despite one of the sharpest slow-downs in the Chinese manufacturing sector in recent history that have continued to shrink for the third consecutive month, I sensed an optimism and determination to persevere that haven’t waned, nor has China’s march to global leadership of manufacturing GDP. A recent report from Rhodium Group indicates the number of American workers employed directly by Chinese companies increased >five-fold over the last five years to >80,000 in 2014.
Automation and quality are key tenets driving China’s current growth strategies in manufacturing and the industrial sector. For Cisco this is creating continued demand for our Connected Factory portfolio of architecturally integrated solutions as a leap-frog approach to the legacy automation predominating U.S. and European factories. I certainly found to be the case at two conferences I keynoted—the 5th Annual Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit in Shanghai and the Industry 4.0 / Manufacturing Cloud Forum in Shenzhen—that many massive manufacturers are urgently implementing Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud / Data Analytics projects as part of their competitive business strategies and differentiation. This key take-away and perspective that China is leading other top manufacturing nations on adoption of industrial IoT is validated by a recent analysis compiled by Infosys Ltd.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, connected factory, Industrial IP Advantage, Internet of Everything, internet of things, Manufacturing