Cisco Live provides a rich lineup of education, with over 700 sessions to increase your knowledge and propel your career. You can also network with likeminded professionals and industry thought leaders providing additional value from your involvement long after the conference ends.
To help you get the most from your Cisco Live experience, be sure to take advantage of these social media opportunities:
- Expand your professional network – Cisco Live offers multiple opportunities to enrich and broaden your network. Start with the arrival tweetup on Sunday night at 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the Social Media Lounge. Meet new friends and connect with Cisco Live veterans over food and drink while you plan your exciting week ahead.
- Join the conversation – Start engaging on Twitter and join the #CLUS conversation while meeting other attendees. Share #CLUS content and you might be our first Yellow Cape winner awarded Sunday night. But don’t stop there! Download the mobile app and check out a list of gaming opportunities to enhance your Cisco Live experience and win prizes along the way.
- Start scavenging – Cisco Live’s popular Scavenger Hunt launches on Monday. Take photos from the scavenger hunt list in various locations and post them on Twitter or Instagram with #CLUS and #CLScavenger hashtags for points towards a daily and grand prize. You could win a daily prize of a $500 Amazon gift card for the most retweeted photo or a $100 Amazon gift card for the most creative and fun photos. The grand prize is a $1,500 Amazon gift card!
- Get the picture – Receive your personalized digital photo from John Chambers, Chuck Robbins, Aerosmith, and Mike Rowe. Starting Monday, June 8, request your personalized photo here, beginning with John Chambers. It’s John’s last year at Cisco Live as CEO. You don’t want to miss this!
- Participate in a #CiscoChat – At this year’s Cisco Live, #CiscoChat is bringing you conversations right from the event floor. With topics ranging from digital transformation to women in technology, each social chat will feature experts who will pose and answer questions and engage with participants. This is a great way to be involved whether you are attending the conference in person or joining from home. A complete #CiscoChat schedule can be found here.
- Follow the hat – Have some fun following @TheCiscoHat, as an anonymous attendee chronicles the Cisco Live’s 2014 Customer Appreciation Hat’s journey to Cisco Live and the discovery of the 2015 hat.
Don’t wait until you arrive in San Diego. Start networking today. Add yourself to @Networkingnerd’s Twitter list and participate in the conversations on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+. The benefits of #CLUS can start today.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Cisco, cisco live, CLUS 2015, digital, social media
There’s no doubt that learning is changing. In the past, learning was constrained by time and place. We all might remember, fondly or not, the traditional classroom, static desks in rows, plumes of chalk dust permeating the air, and trips to the library on foot as a group.
Now, lecture halls are emptying out, and in many classrooms across the country, students can become bored and disengaged. The very educational business model itself is forcing educational institutions to cut costs and find new revenue sources.
Today, the Internet of Everything (IoE) is opening a new world of opportunities for faculty, staff, and students. Students are learning in new ways, in new places, and with new connections to resources around the globe.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, Connected, digital, education, IoE, learning, school, university
Having recently returned from weeks of event keynotes, customer roundtables, briefings and engagements (plus a few culinary adventures) in Greater China, I’ll start there with a few insights and observations. Despite one of the sharpest slow-downs in the Chinese manufacturing sector in recent history that have continued to shrink for the third consecutive month, I sensed an optimism and determination to persevere that haven’t waned, nor has China’s march to global leadership of manufacturing GDP. A recent report from Rhodium Group indicates the number of American workers employed directly by Chinese companies increased >five-fold over the last five years to >80,000 in 2014.
Automation and quality are key tenets driving China’s current growth strategies in manufacturing and the industrial sector. For Cisco this is creating continued demand for our Connected Factory portfolio of architecturally integrated solutions as a leap-frog approach to the legacy automation predominating U.S. and European factories. I certainly found to be the case at two conferences I keynoted—the 5th Annual Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit in Shanghai and the Industry 4.0 / Manufacturing Cloud Forum in Shenzhen—that many massive manufacturers are urgently implementing Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud / Data Analytics projects as part of their competitive business strategies and differentiation. This key take-away and perspective that China is leading other top manufacturing nations on adoption of industrial IoT is validated by a recent analysis compiled by Infosys Ltd.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, connected factory, Industrial IP Advantage, Internet of Everything, internet of things, Manufacturing
In days where smartphone and staying connected have become living necessities, we forget that there are natural resources that are equally important. In times where television, microwave, refrigeration, network connectivity have all become baseline requirement for living, we assume there will be endless supply of natural resources.
Visit us at Cisco Live 2015
We are observing unprecedented droughts running throughout the world while some places are facing floods never seen before. We are waking up to the awareness that we need to take care of earth and leave it better for our children and the upcoming generations. Ask a kid growing up in India, my dad used to mention that fuel might not last another 40 years. Forty years hence we have seen a lot of changes and there is no clear alternative to fossil fuel and our dependence is only increasing.
Fossil fuel is a powerful economic resource that countries are frantically looking for new resources in unexplored areas of the world. It undoubtedly creates economic strength, jobs and ability to make difference in citizen’s lives. The consumption of fuel is steadily increasing with increasing population. Third world countries are bringing in a lot of additional vehicles on the road and in the process also try to move its economy upward.
As the need, dependency of fuel increases with the threat of depleting natural resources, it becomes imperative to improve efficiencies wherever and whenever possible. It should start from exploring all the way to the end users consuming the natural resource. To this effect, productivity and reduced down time directly means competitive edge and increased profitability which is fundamental concern across the board to enterprises.
Cisco Collaborative Operations Solution Screen Shot
To enable improved productivity in a process centric environment one looks for tools to enable this. Collaborative Operations Solution from Cisco is one such tool that helps with increased productivity. All one needs to do is see the demo and they can immediately see the value such tools can bring to their process and enable faster decision and reduce flat times.
Come see a demonstration at Cisco Live in the World of Solutions in the Process Industries section. You’ll see the Collaborative Operations Solution in action, and see how partners such as Librestream add value to the solution. In the case of Librestream you’ll see how Mobile collaboration becomes a reality, and how Librestream and Cisco are working together to provide our customers with real business value and positive business outcomes.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, cisco live 2015, CLSD, Collaborative Operation Solution, demonstration, drout, flood, oil & gas, oil and gas
As organization race to digitize their businesses, building a mobile strategy is a top priority. A mobile strategy is not just about building mobile apps, then calling it a day. Let’s take a look at these unsettling stats: Organizations are spending $270K per business app on average and yet only 46% of executives indicate adoption and deployments have been effective. Clearly businesses cannot afford these types of results in today’s competitive landscape.
Organizations need to shift their focus from the Mobile App to the Mobile Experience. This means before anyone starts porting applications to mobile devices, businesses and IT must team up to assess their joint goals and list out the most common mobility use cases for their employees, customers and partners. This effort will help the organization prioritize requirements for better results in the near-term.
IT needs to assess their readiness for the full mobile journey end-to-end, and ensure every team – desktop services, application development, business analytics, security operations, network operations – can support the expected user experience and business outcomes. For example, many retailers are building mobile sales associate apps to allow salespeople to freely move around the store and show online catalogs, lookup inventory and transact point-of-sales wherever customers are located. But if the application is slow, they’ll either be abandoned by the roaming salespeople or, worse, they’ll create a painful experience for customers as they and the salesperson are forced to wait for these ‘time saving’ devices to load. Either way, the mobile investments will be a total loss.
Learn from the Experts to Accelerate Your Mobile Journey
If you are attending Cisco Live in San Diego next week, you can meet with experts sharing best practices across every stage of the mobile journey, including how to:
- Engage employees and customers with context aware data that delivers more personalized experiences
- Protect users, data, and the business through network-enabled security
- Accelerate mobile experiences with seamless onboarding and an agile network
- Discover business and IT insights through network analytics that allow you to continuously improve upon the experience
Be sure to check out these sessions to learn how Cisco solutions can help mobilize your business, including our newest 802.11ac Wave 2 innovations. Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, 802.11ac wave 2, Cisco Mobility, cmx, EMSP, Hyperlocation, wireless