Cisco Live kicked off this morning with more than 20,000 attendees storming the streets of San Francisco and the Moscone Convention Center. I am so excited to be hosting Cisco Live again this year – especially because it’s the 25th Anniversary of this event, and this year we’re back in the city that inspired our company’s name and logo.
As attendees are getting settled in for an action-packed week, I want to highlight two dynamic experiences not to be missed at this year’s conference: our Internet of Everything (IoE) Machine – a 20-by-20 foot interactive installation – and five Connected City interactive bus shelters. Both experiences simulate a journey through a connected city, showing how Cisco technology helps cities run like clockwork by connecting people, process, data and things.
Every day, in every city, an event takes place. It could be a baseball game, a music concert or even an innovative conference like Cisco Live. No matter what it is, this event puts pressure on the host city around traffic, energy usage, etc. But the Internet of Everything takes the stress off cities by making airports, roads, power grids, recycling cans, parking lots – you name it – all smarter so that events can go off without a hitch.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, #IoE, cisco live, connected city, IoE in action, IoE Machine
Our customers join us at Cisco Live conferences around the world to hear how we can help you tackle the most important technology trends. Cloud, security, mobility and programmable networks are all driving different business models and compelling opportunities.
The top questions we hear from you are:
- What is Cisco’s approach to SDN?
- How will Cisco help me deliver hybrid cloud services?
- Can I really deploy applications in hours instead of weeks?
- Can I get great — but affordable — collaboration technology into every room, on every desk, every pocket?
- How can IT lead in securing company assets and data?
- Do I have the right foundation to deliver better mobile experiences to my employees and customers?
- Which of Cisco’s customers are having success with these technologies?
- How is Cisco IT grappling with all these challenges?
At Cisco Live, you not only get the practical, hands-on knowledge that can advance your career. You also get compelling insight and Cisco roadmaps into the ideas, concepts, and emerging trends that are setting the stage for a more connected and collaborative future.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Bill Schmarzo, Bryan Palma, Christopher Young, cisco live, ciscolive, CL365, cloud, David Yen, Doug Davis, Faiyaz Shahpurwala, Gee Rittenhouse, George Kurian, Hans Hwang, keynotes, Mala Anand, mobility, Pankaj Patel, Parvesh Sethi, programmable networks, Robert Soderbery, Rowan Trollope, Scott Clark, SDN, security, Soni Jiandani, Sujai Hajela
It’s that time of year again! We’ll be celebrating 25 years of Cisco Live! in the our namesake city San Francisco this week in SOMA. Here’re the top 5 things for #Wireless folks to be on the lookout for:
1. World of Solutions: The WoS opens with a welcome reception at 5pm on Monday. We’re showing off our 802.11ac portfolio and latest location-based solutions in the World of Solutions. Look for us in the Enterprise Networks booth!
2. DevNet Zone: First of its kind Cisco-led developer conference in Moscone West during CiscoLive! SF. Swing by to find out about the latest Cisco API’s and SDK’s through hands-on learning labs and special developer-focused speaking sessions.
Highlight: 24 hour hackathon featuring the Mobility Services API.
Read this blog for more on why hackers, developers and designers should check out the DevNet Zone.
3. Mobility Focused Sessions. If you haven’t signed up already, make sure you check these out and add them to your list:
4. Keynotes: if you’ll be in San Francisco, you won’t want to miss the annual keynotes of Cisco Live!, including:
- John Chambers Keynote: Monday 3:30pm
- Rob Lloyd Keynote: Tuesday 10am
- Industry Keynote – IoT: Wednesday 10am
- Technology Trends Keynote – Enterprise Solutions: Wednesday 4pm
5. Customer Appreciation Event: In celebration of Cisco’s customers and 25 years of Networkers and Cisco Live conferences we will be bringing the iconic Lenny Kravitz and Imagine Dragons to the stage. We would be nothing without our customers, so we’re super excited to share this experience with you–the event is Wednesday May 21 at 7:30pm.
See you there! We’ll be keeping updates on Twitter at @Cisco_Mobility.
Tags: #CLUS, #CLUS14, Cisco, developer, moscone, san francisco, sf, technology
Are you ready to rumble? Do you want to learn more about how to prepare for growing cloud workloads, how to evolve your IT department to harness the true potential of the cloud, and how to develop a more strategic approach to IT operations and service management? Be sure to check out what’s happening at CiscoLive in San Francisco and on line!
Can’t make it in person – not a problem, you can tune in online as well as access on demand sessions at your convenience.
From this page, you can find all the sessions and have the ability to register, add to your calendar, and view online.
We have 9 exciting keynotes that you won’t want to miss. Some of the main keynotes and cloud specific sessions include:
Read Robert Lloyd bio.
Technology Business Vision keynote by Rob Lloyd on Tuesday, May 20 at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
Join Cisco’s technology and business leadership for a deeper dive into what is happening both at Cisco and with our customers as the Internet of Everything becomes a reality. Find out what Cisco is doing today, what we’re planning in the future, and what others are doing to tap into the power of the Internet of Everything.
You won’t want to miss out on the Cloud Technology Trend Keynote – Aligning Your Strategy and Business for Cloud Success by Dr. Gee Rittenhouse and Faiyaz Shahpurwala on Tuesday, May 20 – 1:30 p.m. PDT.
Dr. Gee Rittenhouse and Faiyaz Shahpurwala
This session will provide use cases and insights to answer the following questions:
- How do you evolve your strategy at the right time with the right model?
- Which cloud is right for which workload?
- What is “fact or fiction” amid all of the cloud discussions and options?
- Is your strategy aligning you for success?
- Are your investments today setting you up for future success?
It will also highlight the latest products and solutions you need to maximize your company’s cloud experience. Cisco executives Dr. Gee Rittenhouse –CDO and Faiyaz Shahpurwala – Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Services will share our hybrid cloud strategy with you, including solutions such as Cisco InterCloud and Intelligent Automation for Cloud. They’ll also discuss the role of applications and our partner ecosystem.
Cloud is such an important focus for Cisco and partners that we have a dedicated day on Monday 19 , called Cisco Powered Cloud Day at Cisco Live.
The insightful day will focus on opportunities and challenges that can be addressed with cloud.
If you area partner , you may want to reserve your seat . The all-day program is a comprehensive track for organizations adopting cloud and providing cloud services. You’ll not only learn from Cisco cloud leaders, but you’ll also hear from other industry leaders who are successfully taking advantage of the cloud with Cisco solutions. The “Cisco Powered Cloud Day: The Rise of the Intercloud” full agenda can be found here.
Be sure to check in often to see the latest daily highlights of CiscoLive.
Watch #CLUS online, add specific sessions to your calendar, access the on-demand archive. #CL365
Follow the conversation online via #CLUS and #CiscoCloud.
Evelyn de Souza named to CloudNOW Top Women in Cloud Innovation Awards, 2014
Additional Cloud Information:
Cisco Live is Cisco’s premier education and training destination for IT professionals worldwide. You’ll want to be a part of the largest gathering of Cisco customers, experts, and partners anywhere in the world, May 18-22 in San Francisco. Join us for more than 600 sessions, 9 amazing keynotes, more than 200 of Cisco’s top partners, and a customer appreciation event you’ll never forget!
Tags: #CLUS, CIO, Cisco, cisco live, CiscoCloud, cloud, Cloud Computing, Faiyaz Shahpurwala, Gee Rittenhouse, InterCloud, john chambers, rob lloyd
Ooh! That gal’s pulling out…Wait, Wait! If I can just get over 2 lanes…Ahhh, quit yer honking! NO WAY!!! That hotshot in the red convertible just stole my spot! Now I have to go around the block again…!
You know you’ve been through this and you’ve probably also been behind someone trying to get across 2 lanes to capture a spot and causing mayhem. It’s estimated that 30% of all traffic congestion in urban areas is caused by drivers circling and struggling to find a parking spot. With cities growing at an estimated 10,000 people per hour, the situation isn’t going to get any better unless we make some changes.
Solving the parking madness
Cities–perhaps yours–can now implement a new Internet of Everything solution — Cisco Smart+Connected City Parking — to help alleviate many of their parking (and resulting traffic) headaches. The solution not only serves spot-seeking drivers, but can also support traffic enforcement officers to locate violations more easily, generate more revenue from citations, and reduce vandalism and other safety issues via video surveillance. Finally, the solution provides date to city operations centers to improve planning and development decisions. Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Cisco Live US 2014, Internet of Everything, internet of things, IoE for Cities, IoT, parking, S+CC, Smart Cities, Smart+Connected City Parking, Smart+Connected Communities, traffic