Earlier today we had a brief press conference introducing our Cloud Connected solutions that enable you to connect users to the cloud with confidence. And you can get the meaty detail tomorrow [June 13 @ 8am PDT] when we have a special episode of TechwiseTV on CiscoLive365 with Jimmy Ray Purser and Robb Boyd showcasing these new solutions, doing a technical deep dive, and kicking the proverbial tires. You can get a sneak peek here as Jimmy Ray took a stroll through our CiscoLive demo space. As you can see in the picture to the right, Robb is very excited for these new solutions! [He said I could post this picture, muahaha] Read More »
Are you ready for the biggest Cisco event of the year? We’ve been working on demos, speaking sessions, and social events for the conference – and it’s finally here.
The Intelligent Automation team are converging in force on San Diego for Cisco Live. Our solutions will be covered in more than a dozen conference sessions and several theater presentations – featured in topics ranging from cloud management and big data to BYOD and VXI.
And here are our demos featured in the Cisco data center booth at the World of Solutions expo:
- Intelligent Automation for Cloud Starter Edition– a new solution to accelerate your private cloud deployment, running on UCS.
- Tidal Enterprise Scheduler on Hadoop – this demo shows how to increase the value of big data environments through better information flow.
- Network Services Manager – a flexible, policy-driven approach to managing and controlling network services in a multi-tenant data center.
- VXI Orchestration – provision virtual desktop services on-demand with Intelligent Automation, in minutes instead of days or weeks.
Our cloud solutions will be featured in theater presentations at the VCE and NetApp booths, as well as a demo in the VCE booth. Some of our other Intelligent Automation technology partners like Comptel, rPath, and Zenoss – as well as channel partners including Presidio and WWT – will also be at the event showcasing our collaboration. See VCE’s press release featuring Intelligent Automation for Cloud.
To make it easy for you to help you pinpoint the Intelligent Automation team and navigate through the conference, here are some tips for your agenda:
Earlier this week, Amy Lewis told us all about Cisco Live DCV Social Media Activities. There are some exciting data center services activities going on too. Unfortunately, no bacon included.
So I know services aren’t big shiny objects, let alone tangible at all, but there are lots of nifty activities going on at Cisco Live San Diego on June 10-14th where you can learn more about how services can help you reach your data center goals.
Here are some highlights you don’t want to miss:
- Cloud Partner Pavilion: Cisco staff including Debbie Abbott will be showcasing the Cloud Profile Tool and offer a future complimentary Cloud Readiness Assessment through a Cisco partner. Earn points by trying the Cloud Profile Tool and meeting with the 14 partners at the pavilion to enter to win prizes including 28 iPad3s.
- Advanced Services Whiteboard Area of Data Center booth: our services experts including Arup Chakravarty will be armed with a whiteboard to answer your toughest questions on Nexus, UCS, SAN, Cloud automation (CIAC), virtualization, enterprise cloud design, data center migration, and more.
All eyes were on TIA this week as leaders from across the telecommunications industry gathered at Inside the Network to discuss the hottest and most challenging issues facing telcos today. I participated Wednesday morning in a cloud panel discussion at TIA with lively interplay on telcos’ role in cloud, differentiation, and key success factors on which to focus. The takeaway was this: there’s no easy answer, but plenty of opportunity for those who can figure out a formula that works for their firm.
What we do know is that the rush to cloud is on, but this is no five lane superhighway with everyone barreling ahead in the same direction. It’s a journey with many possible paths, and once you set off in one direction it can be difficult to reverse course. Two themes that were common throughout the Read More »
Cisco Live 2012 is almost here. Hello San Diego! Time to make the difficult decision regarding partitioning luggage space between tech and clothes. The informal Twitter poll indicates tech is winning. Don’t forget the chargers, because there’s a lot going on.
Now that I’ve got your full attention, here’s a rundown of some of the social media activities happening at Cisco Live this year.