Cloud is changing the way businesses deploy and manage IT and business services. Industry analysts estimate that by the end of 2014, four out of 10 companies will have deployed a private cloud.
But where do you start?
Join Cisco and Forrester on February 18th, for this live webcast entitled: Cloud Management: It’s More than Just IaaS. Check out this promotional video then register today.
Tags: Cisco, cloud automation, Cloud Management, data center, forrester, IaaS, IAC, ucs director, VMware
Major change and growth is happening in the way data centers are functioning. This change is being led by cloud technology.
IT’s role is changing from an infrastructure provider to strategic business partner. The new role for IT is to align you with the services you need, when you need them, from a portfolio of internal or external services.
Once viewed as your organization’s virtual machine dispenser, cloud is quickly maturing. You have expectations beyond virtual machines. You need applications along with the underlying components that support that application. You need an automated way to manage application life cycles as well as integrate business financials.
Cisco has lived this data center evolution and has been surfing the sea of change. It has the tools for you to accelerate cloud delivery in your organization as well.
Introduced last week at CiscoLive Milan, Intelligent Automation for Cloud (IAC) 4.0 is a game changing solution that extends cloud beyond the data center. It is a great choice if you:
• Want a single modern business portal that acts as your central order point for IT or any business service. Cisco IAC delivers. With a modern, on-line shopping experience, you can order data center services, applications, development platforms and telephony or collaboration services with a single-click order experience.
• Require your cloud management to be heterogeneous not homogeneous. Cisco IAC 4.0 operates in concert with UCS Director to deliver a solid multi-vendor private cloud platform that spans physical and virtual infrastructure components. With this unique combination, you can shift your focus from “how to build” to delivering differentiated services for your organization to consume.
• Understand that networking is hard and a vendor with domain dominance is essential. Network services in the cloud are difficult and as a result the network team is rarely included in the cloud conversation. Cisco IAC’s out-of-box templates for network services, such as firewalls, load balancers, and VPNs, allows your network team to once again participate in the conversation.
• Want cloud governance that goes beyond basic health and status. With advanced financial management across multiple tenants and platforms, you can tailor prices per tenant, or geography, or application type. When you order a service, Cisco IAC automatically delivers a price quote which becomes a threshold to which consumption, by budget or actual resource, can be tracked. When this threshold is reached, you will be notified that additional funds or resources are required or the service will be terminated.
There is a sea of change occurring in data centers today. You need a strategic partner who has the
vision to successfully navigate this change. Dive in and learn how Cisco IAC can support your business – like it supports Cisco’s data centers.
Tags: automation, cisco IAC, Cisco UCS Director, Cloud Management, orchestration, Self-Service Portal, Service Catalog, vCloud Suite, VMware
Let’s talk about Cisco Process Orchestrator. We recently released version 3.0 — and there are a lot of exciting features that have been introduced with this new release of our IT Process Automation (ITPA) / Run Book Automation (RBA) software.
Cisco Process Orchestrator is the foundational engine on which Cisco has built a number of data center-, application-, and network-focused automation solutions. These include our cloud management solution (Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud), which embeds this orchestration engine for cloud service automation and helps organizations deploy private, public, or hybrid clouds; an SAP-focused solution resold by SAP (SAP IT Process Automation by Cisco), which lowers TCO of your SAP applications and databases by integrating events and alert management data with incident response information; and a network troubleshooting and triage solution, which helps customers manage repetitive tasks and aids remediation of common issues with network operations.
In this post, I’m going to feature a few of the major highlights of the new version 3.0 release:
- A new service-oriented methodology for service encapsulation: design workflows that match to the service ordered by the business units
- Flexible automation packs and solution accelerators: build, version, re-purpose content to drive solutions
- Service automation integrated with Cisco Prime Service Catalog: optimizing the end-to-end service delivery process
Building ITPA and RBA workflows has never been easier. With Cisco Process Orchestrator‘s service-oriented orchestration you can move away from traditional static, script-based run-book automation and IT process-level automation. We have built a modeling platform where automation aligns with the highest-level services and allows you to model IT service the way that a high-level service is delivered.
A shift from static workflow design to dynamic, service-oriented design
In this “top down” approach, designing the services and their desired state is the initial step in automation design. The next step is defining the process actions for these services and then implementing the specific process workflows that traverse traditional IT boundaries to act on and automate the necessary elements to deliver the service.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud, Cisco Network Operations Automation Service, Cisco Unified Management, cloud, Cloud Management, data center, intelligent automation, network automation, process automation, run book automation, SAP IT Process Automation, Service Orchestration, unified management
I’m at our annual Cisco Live Europe conference in Milan this week – it’s a great event and a great opportunity to introduce new innovations to customers. In fact, today we announced the latest release of our cloud management software solution: Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (Cisco IAC) version 4.0.
I recently wrote about the new Forrester Private Cloud Wave, and how Cisco was ranked in the top three overall and #1 in strategy. Our high marks in strategy in that report were based in large part on the roadmap and strategic vision that is being delivered through this new cloud management release – together with the latest release of Cisco UCS Director for infrastructure management.
Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud is a cloud management platform designed for enterprise and public sector IT organizations building private and hybrid clouds, as well as service providers deploying public or virtual private cloud services. This is the fourth major release for Cisco IAC – and it’s a big one.
With the new 4.0 release, Cisco is breaking ground by providing both the out-of-the-box functionality that our customers are asking for and the flexibility that we know they need as they extend their cloud deployments beyond basic IaaS.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud, cloud, Cloud Management, data center, intelligent automation, private cloud, ucs director, unified management
Ciao! The data center and cloud management software team is in Milan this week to showcase our Unified Management solutions in the Data Center and Cloud booth as well as the Cisco ONE Platform booth at our annual Cisco Live customer event in Europe.
In particular, we’ll be showcasing new software releases including Cisco UCS Director version 4.1, Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (IAC) version 4.0, Cisco Prime Service Catalog version 10.0, and Cisco Prime Network Services Controller version 3.2.
So, please check out the live demos, join our breakout sessions, and take this opportunity to how our Cisco’s Unified Management software solutions can help your organization improve efficiency, become more agile, and reduce costs.
See below for details and stay tuned for some exciting announcements …
Read More »
Tags: cisco live, cloud, Cloud Management, cloud orchestration, data center, Infrastructure Management, unified management