ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) has been selected in Top 3 finalists in the Best of Interop 2015 Data Center category. ITD Delivers:
- $2 Billion TAM disruptive technology: This technology innovation disrupts today’s $2 Billion TAM for load-balancers, redirection and clustering solutions
- 100x Scale improvement: The high-end load-balancers today can handle about 200Gbps traffic. ITD can load-balance 20Tbps traffic.
- 1000x cost-savings for customers: A 40Gbps L4 load-balancer costs about $200k to customers. ITD provides multi-Tbps load-balancing for a fraction of the price.
- Zero Latency: ITD performs load-balancing, redirection, NAT and access control, all in one-clock cycle in hardware, hence it introduces zero latency.
- 10x OPEX savings : Order of magnitude reduction in configuration, and ease of deployment
- Overall CAPEX savings : Wiring, Power, Rackspace and Cost savings
- 70+ customers interested in deploying within 1 month of shipping.
- 10x High availability : N + M redundancy, health-monitoring and automatic failure handling
- $15 Billion install-base can be leveraged: The technology has humongous market capture potential. It works on existing hardware. $15 Billion install-base of Nexus switches is able to use this technology.
- 30+ patentable ideas: ITD has unprecedented innovations.
Cisco ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is a hardware based multi-Tbps Layer 4 load balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on Nexus 9K/7K/6K/5K series of switches. It supports IP-stickiness, resiliency, NAT, (EFT), VIP, health monitoring, sophisticated failure handling policies, N+M redundancy, IPv4, IPv6, VRF, weighted load-balancing, bi-directional flow-coherency, and IPSLA probes including DNS. There is no service module or external appliance needed.
ITD has a lot of different types of use-cases. Some of these are:
- Create a multi-Tbps Firewall
- Create a multi-Tbps Video-cache
- Firewall/IPS/IDS/WAF load-balancing.
- Web Server load-balancing
- Application server load-balancing
- Replace WCCP. Redirect and Load-balancing traffic to Web-cache, WAAS, WAE
- Traffic steering to VDS/video-cache/Professional Media Network devices
- Load-balance to Hadoop/Big-data cluster.
- load-balancing to mobile equipment
- Load-balancing to Layer 7 load-balancers
- Replace legacy features such as ECMP, port-channel, PBR, etc
Recording of the presentation
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Transforming Cisco switches into highly scalable zero latency load balancers! Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) does exactly that and much more!
Cisco ITD has been selected as Best of Interop 2015 finalist in the Data Center Category. Finalists were chosen from nine categories including Data Center, Mobility, SDN and Cloud Technologies.
Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) is an innovative solution to bridge the performance gap between a multi-terabit switch and gigabit servers and appliances. It is a hardware based multi-terabit layer 4 load-balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on the Nexus 9K,7K,6K,5K series of switches. Customers do not have to buy any new hardware. It works on all the existing hardware, linecards and supervisors.
Here are some of the quotes from customers, account teams, industry analysts and architects:
“Great milestone Samar Sharma, Mouli Vytla, Rajendra Kumar Thirumurthi and team! We are very grateful for the work you guys did with pioneering and driving this new solution!”
“ITD helped us scale to 1Tbps of cache traffic in single Nexus 7700 ”
“This feature seems almost too good to be true! I am very excited about it.”
“Customers really enjoyed the time and the subject. They said it was the best presentation of the week at Cisco Live”
“Turns out we likely have a far superior solution in ITD that we can bring to the table. One of our web space principles is ‘state is the enemy of scale’ and ITD aligns very well with this mentality without sacrificing too much flexibility or control. It is still early in our conversations but we are confident that ITD will play a strategic role for scaling services”
Click to find out more! You can also visit Cisco Interop Booth at Interop Las Vegas to find out about Cisco ITD Solution!
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, server load balancer, Service Provider
Some of you may remember Marathon Man, starring Lawrence Olivier as the evil Nazi dentist Dr. Christian Szell, and Dustin Hoffman as a graduate student nicknamed Babe. Szell has come to New York from his South American jungle hideaway to retrieve a cache of diamonds, but he’s not sure he won’t be walking into a trap. He thinks Babe knows, and tortures him by repeatedly asking, “Is it safe?
Szell: “Is it safe? Is it safe?”
Babe: “You’re talking to me?”
Szell: “Is it safe?”
Babe: “Is what safe?”
Szell: “Is it safe?”
Babe: “I don’t know what you mean. I can’t tell you something’s safe or not unless I know specifically what you’re talking about.”
It’s a scary scene.
I’m reminded of it whenever people ask or say: “Is the cloud secure?” or “Public clouds aren’t secure” or “Multitenant applications aren’t secure.”
So, is your cloud safe? Is it secure?
Read More »
Tags: as a feature, Cloud Computing, Cloud Consumer, Cloud Service Provider, isv, security
Nowadays, there are billions of devices connected to the Internet, and this has led to some advances in the Electronics and Telecommunication technology developments in recent years which resulted in various kinds of very powerful devices with communication and networking capabilities that have attracted the industries to adopt this technology into their daily business to increase their efficiency. Other than the industrial sector, there are other sectors like assisted living services, public services, etc., which have a big demand for Information and Communication Technology developments. Therefore, there is the need for a new paradigm in M2M communication which enables “Things” connectivity to the Global Internet Network. This paradigm is known by the term IoT.
IoT is the network of physical objects or “Things” embedded with electronics, SW, Sensors and connectivity to enable it to achieve value and service by exchanging data with the manufacturer, operator and/or other connected devices through advanced communication protocols without human operation. The technology of IoT has been evolved according to the environment based on information communication technology and social infrastructure, and we need to know the technological evolution of IoT in the future. Read More »
Tags: #ciscochampion, Cloud Computing, Fog computing, grids, internet of things, IoT, smart, smart grids
In my previous Cisco Blog post, I discussed the business models an ISV can deploy in moving to the Cloud. In this Cisco Blog, I’ll discuss one of the most important parts of any software company’s business model: the cost of sales.
Cost of Sales is Highest Cost for any Software Business
Read More »
Tags: Cloud Computing, Cloud Marketing, cloud providers, Enterprise, isv, sales, software