Love the sun? Love the beach? Then you’ll love Partner Summit.
What? You can’t attend in person?
No worries. In this episode of Partner Update, you’ll learn how to attend without leaving home. Seriously. Just fire up your laptop, stick an umbrella in a cool drink, and voilà you’ll be there—virtually. And you’ll have the opportunity to win even cooler prizes!
We also give you the inside scoop on Partner Summit’s Roving Reporter, how to get up to speed on UCS, Cisco’s game changing BYOD+ solutions, “appifying” the Cius to increase sales, and more.
But before we dig into the details, we have a Special Alert that didn’t make it into this week’s update! All of the interviews we recently filmed at Partner Velocity are now available on our YouTube channel. Find out ways to fascinate customers from expert Sally Hogshead, best-selling author Daniel Pink tells you how to motivate your team, former Kodak CMO Jeffrey Hayzlett tells you how to drive change, and more. Like what you saw? Watch full keynote replays on the Partner Velocity site.
Now, back to our update. Take less than five minutes now and tune in for your Cisco partner news.
Would you rather read the news? We’ve included links, descriptions, and details on each item covered in our newscast. Read More »
Tags: AXA Technology Services, byod, channel partners, Cius, daniel pink, data dimension, george churchwell, jeffrey hayzlett, partner summit, partner velocity, sally hogshead, San Diego, Tech 2000, UCS, virtual partner summit
Next week, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) will be hosting the 2012 Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Since Cisco TelePresence is helping government organizations around the world connect visually from anywhere at any time, it’s only natural we are attending one of the leading government conferences.
In booth #801, experts at Cisco will be demonstrating a number of its innovative telepresence technologies including:
- The Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Set is a flexible solution that helps you easily turn any flat panel display into a powerful telepresence system for small to medium-size meeting rooms. The SX20 Quick Set delivers high-definition video quality, multi-party conferencing, and three different camera options to accommodate room size and configurations. At a value price, the SX20 Quick Set provides the performance expected of more expensive systems, in a sleek, compact, multi-featured package.
- The Cisco TelePresence System EX Series transforms the workplace by combining work, communications, and collaboration – all on the desktop with just the touch of a finger. Colleagues can instantly work together, whether they are separated by a hallway, a street, or several time zones. As part of the EX Series, the Cisco TelePresence System EX90 (EX90) and Cisco TelePresence System EX60 (EX60) support vivid, lifelike 1080p30 video, natural collaboration, and the simplicity of a touch screen interface for a complete solution that helps ensure conversations are more productive.
- Cisco Cius is a tablet purpose-built for business and delivers end-to-end security, manageability, collaboration features and mobility for today’s workforce.
- Jabber is a unified communications application that allows people to be more productive from anywhere by providing a single interface across presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, video, voice messaging, desktop sharing and conferencing.
- Sneak Peak at Jabber for iPad– Cisco Jabber for iPad is a unified communications application that provides messaging, presence, voice, voice messaging, and video calling capabilities on the Apple iPad.
Attendees will also be able to see Cisco technologies at our partner booths including CDW-G (booth #607), CIS Secure Computing (booth #1018) and GTSI (booth #654).
Stay tuned for more information about Cisco’s participation at the conference and make sure to follow #Ciscogov on Twitter for news from the event.
We are looking forward to the event and hope to see you there!
Tags: CDW-G, CIS Secure Computing, Cius, Defense Intelligence Agency, Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems, DIA, DoDIIS, EX Series, EX60, EX90, GTSI, jabber, Jabber for iPad, SX20 Quick Set, TelePresence
With the proliferation of iPads and other consumer devices, the Cius is quickly becoming a hot commodity for customers. With the device’s support for a diverse set of third-party endpoints and Unified Computing System (UCS) integration, unique applications, and video, the Cius is truly a business-focused tablet that fits right into the network.
And the key to selling the Cius? According to Tech2000 CEO George Churchwell it’s all about “appifying” the environment.
Appify? Huh? What does this Learning Solutions Partner know that we don’t?
Well, let’s start with a definition. You won’t find this in the dictionary:
verb: To apply mobile solutions that allow the Cius developer’s kit to be implemented, thereby letting the Cius apps and functionality lead the sale. With apps, UCS solutions and WebEx solutions can be integrated right into the Cius platform and help solve customer problems.
This strategy has been wildly successful for Tech2000, which has helped a number of Cisco partners sell UCS solutions by creating apps. Unlike an iPad, the Cius offers the ability to integrate wireless and WebEx solutions right into apps and into the platform while solving a customer problem.
Watch this video as George offers advice and examples of successful Cius apps and tips to help partners get training on the go.
What else did George have to say? Keep reading for his advice, tips, and experiences with apps and the Cius. Read More »
Tags: App, Cisco, Cius, learning partner, Tech 2000
Ever had a customer who hesitates to buy a dress because she worries she’ll never find the right accessories to tie the look together? Or because she’s just not sure it’ll pass the boyfriend test? Too often such customers leave empty-handed, promising to come back with the man and/or potential shoes and jewelry in tow so she can decide.
Sometimes she comes back. Usually she doesn’t.
That doesn’t have to happen anymore, and retailers have technology to thank for it.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco Cius, Cius, collaboration, retail, shopping experience, technology in stores
We are excited to showcase our latest retail video case study with Sport Chalet, a chain of 54 stores in four western states. California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, plus an online store, www.sportchalet.com.
In this video Craig Levra, Chairman and CEO and Ted Jackson, Vice President of information technology and CIO of Sport Chalet discusses the importance of customer experience to Sport Chalet. The video overviews how technology is an enabler to help their current and future business needs.
With their partnership with Cisco, Sport Chalet leverages technologies such as the network, data center and collaboration at headquarters and the stores to help run their business faster, enable their employees to put customers first and drive growth for the business.
For more information on how Cisco helps address retailers IT and business needs, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/retail
Tags: Borderless Networks, Cisco, Cius, collaboration, retail, Sport Chalet, sporting goods