How can advanced network technology help governments to ‘listen better’ and ‘listen smarter?’ This is not a rhetorical question: planning has traditionally been a top-down affair, and this approach has, frankly, gotten us all (and particularly our cities, counties, and states) into a world of trouble.
There is a plethora of amazing technology at our disposal; how can we use them in new ways to empower decision-making that’s both bottom-up and top-down?
There is some good news to report: the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, a think tank well known for traditional academic research, is embracing cutting-edge technology in planning and tools for civic engagement. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Citizen engagement, Citizens, civic engagement, IBSG, ICT tools, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, meeting of the minds, urban planning, urban sustainability
Another very interesting day at IACA 2012 at the Peace Palace at the Hague, Netherlands with workshops on social media, innovative communications technologies in the courts.
Mr. Norman Meyer, Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New
Mexico moderated a workshop panel focused on innovative uses in court systems of social media with
- Honorable Rune Lium, Judge, Sør-Trøndelag District Court, Norway
- Honorable Ian L. Gray, Chief Magistrate, State of Victoria, Australia
- Dr. Pamela Schulz, Lecturer, Graduate Communications Programs, University of South Australia, and Chair, Defence Reserves Support Council, South Australia
The Honorable Dory Reiling, Judge, First Instance Court, Amsterdam, The Netherlands shared her thoughts from the workshop deploying innovating automation and communications technologies to address court administration and management.
- Moderator: Mr. Tony Lansdell, Court Technology Specialist, Melbourne, Australia
- Honorable Dory Reiling, Judge, First Instance Court, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Honorable Muhammet Polat, Judge, Ministry of Justice Department of İnformation Technologies, Ankara, Turkey
- Mr. Abdulrahim Ahmad Almudhareb, Director of IT Department, Dubai Courts, Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Mark Beer, IACA Regional Vice-President, Middle East, Dubai, UAE
Gerhard Fischer, Cisco Connected Justice (EMEAR) shared his thoughts about the conference and the IACA community.
Read More »
Tags: Chief Justice, Citizens, Connected Justice, Courts, International Courts, Justice, security, TelePresence, video