All Hallows’ Eve, or Halloween, is a much-anticipated holiday that has evolved for hundreds of years into what it is today. On Halloween, adults and kids alike can explore their inner ghouls and goblins, while children take to the spooky City streets looking for the best treats.
Cisco ūmi will become part of Halloween’s evolution because it allows family and friends to share their favorite Halloween traditions with loved ones in other places. In the spirit of nighttime T.V. star David Letterman, we’d like to bring you our own “Top 10 List of Things You Can Do at Halloween Thanks to ūmi.”
- 1. Learn the secret family recipe for your favorite Halloween treat – Ever wonder what makes your mom’s apple cider so delicious or your sister’s pumpkin bread so rich? With Cisco ūmi, the skeletons are out of the closet…along with any secret ingredients!
- 2. See your grandchildren dressed up and ready for a fun-filled night of trick or treating – Pictures don’t do those cute costumes justice. Cisco ūmi lets you see and hear your grandchildren shout, “Trick or Treat!”
- 3. Show off your mad pumpkin carving skills – Like to get creative when it comes to pumpkin carving? Those orange squashes sure do pose unique canvases. Display your masterpiece to family and friends using Cisco ūmi. Just don’t forget to preserve your pumpkin; like corpses, they go bad!
- 4. Swap Halloween decorating ideas – Take a stab at decorating your home with spider webs, black lights, graves and jack-o-lanterns, and use Cisco ūmi to swap ideas for creating the perfect haunted house.
- 5. Give the gift of a good scare – Want to get back at your brother for the prank he pulled last year or your father for laughing at your reaction? Give them a call with Cisco ūmi, hide behind the couch with a scary mask on and jump out when they answer the call. You’re sure to give them a fright.
- 6. Compare dog costumes – Halloween is going to the dogs, along with some of the funniest costumes. Show off your pup’s outfit with Cisco ūmi!
- 7. Share ghost stories – Light a candle, pull up a chair in front of your TV and prepare to share some of the spookiest ghost stories you know.
- 8. Plan a Halloween dance off – Blast your Halloween playlist and shake your bones with family and friends using Cisco ūmi. The last one standing wins!
- 9. Learn Halloween party tips – Is your best friend the hostess with the mostess? Call them up with Cisco ūmi and learn some tips and tricks to making your party a graveyard smash!
- 10. Kids crafts – From paper plate masks to lollipop ghosts, your kids will enjoy chatting with friends on Cisco ūmi while putting together homemade Halloween decorations.
Can you think of any more spooktacular things you would like to do at Halloween using Cisco ūmi? We’re dying to know!
Tags: Cisco umi, Halloween, home telepresence
ūmi Fans- We have been listening to you on our Cisco ūmi Facebook and Twitter social media channels about offering a contest that is open to U.S. and non U.S. residents and the day is finally here!
From October 25th-December 27th, every Monday at 9AM Pacific Time, we will be posting a story on our “CiscoHome” blog and asking YOU to answer the question “What would you say using Cisco ūmi?” in 50 words or less for a chance to win a $50 Visa Gift Card EVERY WEEK.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco umi, Consumer Marketing, umi 50 for 50
Have you ever participated in a video call?
Yesterday, a survey released by the Pew Research Center’s Internet and American Life Project revealed that approximately 1 in 5 American Adults have used video calling.
This past summer, over 3000 people were nationally surveyed to find out the importance of video calling online, as well as using cell phones.
Well, the survey results are in folks and it was unveiled that approximately 74 percent of Americans are Internet users, with 23 percent of people who have tried video calling.
Another interesting fact was that 85 percent of adults have cell phones, but only 7 percent of those people have used video calling on their handsets.
Since April 2009 to the summer of 2010, internet users participating in video calling has risen from 20 percent to 23 percent.
As video calling is increasingly becoming more important to our population, wouldn’t it be great to have an immersive video experience that fits into your home, automatically adjusting to lighting conditions and various room sizes to provide superior video and audio performance? How about an experience that is so clear and lifelike that you feel like you are in the same room as your loved ones?
“Video callers” I invite you to experience Cisco ūmi– Welcome to the Future!
Tags: Cisco umi, home telepresence, video calling
Cisco ūmi: Now your TV is your “Best Friend”
On May 13, 2010, we launched the “$10,000 Cisco What If Your TV Could…?” video contest asking consumers “If your TV could do anything, what would you want it to do?”
We received over 175 creative video submissions ranging from your television cooking dinner for you to hologram TV’s. A common video submission theme that we received was a television being a better communications vehicle.
Check out this video from last June of Cisco’s SVP, Carlos Dominguez, at the Cisco Social Media Ragan Summit, talking about how he wishes he had telepresence in his home. Also, click here to hear the most recent video of Carlos talking to CNN’s Ali Velshi about how Cisco may use communications tools in the future.
The $10,000 Cisco TV Contest winners were two brothers from Tennessee who rapped about how they wish their television could be their companion, their best friend.
Well, Nick and Zack, Cisco was listening and unveiled the latest consumer product to the market last week in San Francisco- Cisco ūmi™ telepresence (pronounced you-me).
Cisco ūmi allows you to now “get together” with your best friend and experience high definition video calling in the comfort of your very own living room. Whether you are 10 miles away or 5000 miles away, Cisco ūmi makes it easy to connect with your best friend.
So here’s the million dollar question. If you had to choose one best friend to call, who would it be?
Also, check out this video interview with the winners of the $10,000 Cisco TV Contest to hear who they are and what they ended up doing with the grand prize money.
Tags: carlos dominguez, Cisco umi, Ciscotvcontest, consumer, home telepresence
On May 13, 2010, Cisco launched “What If Your TV Could…?”, a video contest asking consumers to submit creative ideas about what they wish their TV could do for an opportunity at $10,000.
The contest ended on July 13, 2010, and we have had over 175 video submissions in response to Cisco’s question, “If your TV could do anything, what would you want it to do?” on Cisco’s contest website.
Around the globe, people tuned in to view the videos totaling a ground-breaking 5.9 million views on the submissions.
The winners of the $10,000 Grand Prize were announced via a special live Talk2Cisco broadcast via Ustream.tv. Nick and Zack Eagles, produced the winning video “Best Friend” focusing on the importance of television in a person’s life.
Read More »
Tags: best friend, Cisco TV Contest, Cisco umi, consumer, Service Provider, television