Over the next few years, there will be a big transformation in the workplace as large numbers of Gen X and Y individuals start entering the workforce. As these same individuals rely on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter for communication, employers are pressured into bringing similar tools into their enterprises but, in a secure manner. Back in June, we announced limited availability for Cisco Quad, our software-based enterprise collaboration platform, and the response has been overwhelming.
When applied against specific operating problems, enterprise social software is a mission critical application for those companies that want to grow, expand into new markets and increase productivity. It can transform the workplace and provide unmatched benefits to an organization:
- Easier access to resources and expertise, allowing the user to reach out to a large number of relevant participants and bring them into a virtual discussion around a specific problem or challenge. It also captures, and makes searchable, these informal conversations.
- Real-time communications through integration with voice, IM w/presence, conferencing, and video
- Saves time & resources and drives better utilization of existing systems through pre-integrations with common IT infrastructure platforms
- Delivers social networking without the risk by using built-in, rules-based policy management to any sensitive data, in any format, behind the firewall
- Simplifies content management with streamlined content sharing and search capabilities
- Meets the needs of the mobile worker with apps designed for mobile devices