When the Best of Interop 2015 award winners were announced at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, the ITD team members couldn’t control their emotions. This team is well known to work in a startup-mode — comes up with new ideas, builds a prototype, demonstrates it to the executives and SEs, goes into execution mode, and delivers a world class solution.
As the leader of this team, I was asked by several media representatives for an interview. Here is an interview by Information Week news desk (watch full-screen for HD):
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is now shipping on Nexus 9k/7k/5k series of switches.
Here is an informative blog on ITD.
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, ITD, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, NFV, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Like many of us I am in the wonderful city of Chicago on a warm sunny day preparing Cisco’s presence for Microsoft Ignite 2015. Starting Monday in booth #122 at McCormick Place we’ll be showcasing our leading solutions for the Microsoft stack. Stop by if you are here!
Our Ignite focus will be on our core technologies: our UCS family for compute, the Nexus portfolio for switching, and our industry leading integrated infrastructure solutions. In addition we will breakout some cool new Cisco technologies and solutions but you are going to have to wait until Tuesday morning to get that news!
Sunday Morning Booth Set-up and Prep
Read More »
Tags: Azure, Cisco, Cisco ACI, Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, EMC VSPEX, FlexPod, Hyper-V, Microsoft, Windows Azure Pack (WAP)
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) has been selected in Top 3 finalists in the Best of Interop 2015 Data Center category. ITD Delivers:
- $2 Billion TAM disruptive technology: This technology innovation disrupts today’s $2 Billion TAM for load-balancers, redirection and clustering solutions
- 100x Scale improvement: The high-end load-balancers today can handle about 200Gbps traffic. ITD can load-balance 20Tbps traffic.
- 1000x cost-savings for customers: A 40Gbps L4 load-balancer costs about $200k to customers. ITD provides multi-Tbps load-balancing for a fraction of the price.
- Zero Latency: ITD performs load-balancing, redirection, NAT and access control, all in one-clock cycle in hardware, hence it introduces zero latency.
- 10x OPEX savings : Order of magnitude reduction in configuration, and ease of deployment
- Overall CAPEX savings : Wiring, Power, Rackspace and Cost savings
- 70+ customers interested in deploying within 1 month of shipping.
- 10x High availability : N + M redundancy, health-monitoring and automatic failure handling
- $15 Billion install-base can be leveraged: The technology has humongous market capture potential. It works on existing hardware. $15 Billion install-base of Nexus switches is able to use this technology.
- 30+ patentable ideas: ITD has unprecedented innovations.
Cisco ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is a hardware based multi-Tbps Layer 4 load balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on Nexus 9K/7K/6K/5K series of switches. It supports IP-stickiness, resiliency, NAT, (EFT), VIP, health monitoring, sophisticated failure handling policies, N+M redundancy, IPv4, IPv6, VRF, weighted load-balancing, bi-directional flow-coherency, and IPSLA probes including DNS. There is no service module or external appliance needed.
ITD has a lot of different types of use-cases. Some of these are:
- Create a multi-Tbps Firewall
- Create a multi-Tbps Video-cache
- Firewall/IPS/IDS/WAF load-balancing.
- Web Server load-balancing
- Application server load-balancing
- Replace WCCP. Redirect and Load-balancing traffic to Web-cache, WAAS, WAE
- Traffic steering to VDS/video-cache/Professional Media Network devices
- Load-balance to Hadoop/Big-data cluster.
- load-balancing to mobile equipment
- Load-balancing to Layer 7 load-balancers
- Replace legacy features such as ECMP, port-channel, PBR, etc
Recording of the presentation
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Transforming Cisco switches into highly scalable zero latency load balancers! Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) does exactly that and much more!
Cisco ITD has been selected as Best of Interop 2015 finalist in the Data Center Category. Finalists were chosen from nine categories including Data Center, Mobility, SDN and Cloud Technologies.
Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) is an innovative solution to bridge the performance gap between a multi-terabit switch and gigabit servers and appliances. It is a hardware based multi-terabit layer 4 load-balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on the Nexus 9K,7K,6K,5K series of switches. Customers do not have to buy any new hardware. It works on all the existing hardware, linecards and supervisors.
Here are some of the quotes from customers, account teams, industry analysts and architects:
“Great milestone Samar Sharma, Mouli Vytla, Rajendra Kumar Thirumurthi and team! We are very grateful for the work you guys did with pioneering and driving this new solution!”
“ITD helped us scale to 1Tbps of cache traffic in single Nexus 7700 ”
“This feature seems almost too good to be true! I am very excited about it.”
“Customers really enjoyed the time and the subject. They said it was the best presentation of the week at Cisco Live”
“Turns out we likely have a far superior solution in ITD that we can bring to the table. One of our web space principles is ‘state is the enemy of scale’ and ITD aligns very well with this mentality without sacrificing too much flexibility or control. It is still early in our conversations but we are confident that ITD will play a strategic role for scaling services”
Click to find out more! You can also visit Cisco Interop Booth at Interop Las Vegas to find out about Cisco ITD Solution!
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, server load balancer, Service Provider
John Chambers with Satya Nadella at ACI Launch
From the beginning Microsoft has been a strategic partner with Cisco in the development of our Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) technologies and solutions. In fact Cisco CEO John Chambers shared the stage with Microsoft’s Satya Nadella at the ACI launch several months ago in New York City.
ACI itself in the data center is a holistic architecture with centralized automation and policy-driven application profiles. ACI delivers software flexibility with the scalability of hardware performance. Traditionally, IT approaches took a siloed operational view, with no common operational model between the application, network, security, and cloud teams. With ACI, a common network operational model delivers IT application agility, simplified operations across teams, assured network and application performance, and scale. Read More »
Tags: #CiscoACI, ACI, Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, Exchange, Hyper-V, Microsoft, Microsoft Sharepoint