Cities, states, and other communities continue to face an increasing variety of challenges: traffic congestion, parking, public safety and security, waste and water management, and access to education and healthcare. As such, government leaders are looking to technology to solve these challenges, while also finding more efficient ways to provide better services, reduce the carbon footprint, and enhance livability.
Solutions enabled by the Internet of Everything (IoE), such as the Cisco Smart+Connected City Operations Center, can successfully enable communities to become digital and to address these challenges.
This means improved operating models to drive efficiency, safety, and better citizen experiences overall.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, city, community, digital, government, Internet of Everything, IoE, state
Meet the 2015 Cisco Live Millennial Team from the IT Management Track! We aim to bring energy, excitement, and engaging conversation to Cisco Live to make it one of the best events you’ve ever attended. If you see us there, feel free to come talk to us!
Tags: #CLUS, Cisco IT, Cisco ITM, cisco live, cisco on cisco, IT management program, millennials
Analysts agree that academic institutions worldwide face more complex challenges than ever before and are under tremendous pressure to cut costs. At the same time, they also need to provide greater access to education, increased security, and improved outcomes and services, among others.
Through solutions enabled by the Internet of Everything (IoE), these academic institutions can successfully address their challenges, transforming schools and universities into connected campuses and taking them to the next level of an improved and digitized learning experience.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, education, IoE, learning, school, university, University of La Verne
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco Partner Ecosystem news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
The good folks over at CRN announced their 2015 edition of the Women of the Channel this week. Cisco was honored to have 11 women named in this year’s list!
Sherri Liebo even posted a blog giving a little more background and inviting you to congratulate the honorees. Please check it out and offer your support in the comments section.
Cisco Live US is next week in San Diego. I left a little reminder from me that I’ll be there. Find me if you’re in San Diego and let’s meet face to face. In the meantime, do check out my blog this week to get an idea on where I’ll be focusing my efforts for Cisco partners while I’m out on the west coast. Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, chuck robbins, Cisco, cisco live, crn, John Donovan, partner, Weekly Rewind, women of the channel
Cisco Live provides a rich lineup of education, with over 700 sessions to increase your knowledge and propel your career. You can also network with likeminded professionals and industry thought leaders providing additional value from your involvement long after the conference ends.
To help you get the most from your Cisco Live experience, be sure to take advantage of these social media opportunities:
- Expand your professional network – Cisco Live offers multiple opportunities to enrich and broaden your network. Start with the arrival tweetup on Sunday night at 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the Social Media Lounge. Meet new friends and connect with Cisco Live veterans over food and drink while you plan your exciting week ahead.
- Join the conversation – Start engaging on Twitter and join the #CLUS conversation while meeting other attendees. Share #CLUS content and you might be our first Yellow Cape winner awarded Sunday night. But don’t stop there! Download the mobile app and check out a list of gaming opportunities to enhance your Cisco Live experience and win prizes along the way.
- Start scavenging – Cisco Live’s popular Scavenger Hunt launches on Monday. Take photos from the scavenger hunt list in various locations and post them on Twitter or Instagram with #CLUS and #CLScavenger hashtags for points towards a daily and grand prize. You could win a daily prize of a $500 Amazon gift card for the most retweeted photo or a $100 Amazon gift card for the most creative and fun photos. The grand prize is a $1,500 Amazon gift card!
- Get the picture – Receive your personalized digital photo from John Chambers, Chuck Robbins, Aerosmith, and Mike Rowe. Starting Monday, June 8, request your personalized photo here, beginning with John Chambers. It’s John’s last year at Cisco Live as CEO. You don’t want to miss this!
- Participate in a #CiscoChat – At this year’s Cisco Live, #CiscoChat is bringing you conversations right from the event floor. With topics ranging from digital transformation to women in technology, each social chat will feature experts who will pose and answer questions and engage with participants. This is a great way to be involved whether you are attending the conference in person or joining from home. A complete #CiscoChat schedule can be found here.
- Follow the hat – Have some fun following @TheCiscoHat, as an anonymous attendee chronicles the Cisco Live’s 2014 Customer Appreciation Hat’s journey to Cisco Live and the discovery of the 2015 hat.
Don’t wait until you arrive in San Diego. Start networking today. Add yourself to @Networkingnerd’s Twitter list and participate in the conversations on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+. The benefits of #CLUS can start today.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Cisco, cisco live, CLUS 2015, digital, social media