Photo by John Seymour
Get ready! Cisco Live 2012 kicks off in just a couple of days in San Diego and online worldwide. With all the speakers, events, and activities to take part in, you might feel like you need a clone to keep up on all the action. Before you begin a biological feat, let me help you narrow down the possibilities with a few recommendations from the Cisco Services team:
1. Looking for some fun? Play the Cisco Pinball at the Smart Services booth in the World of Solutions and you could win a Linksys router or iPad3. You’ll also see 8 different demos of our automated network diagnostics & analysis and Mala Anand, Cisco VP of Technical Support, will be on hand to help answer any questions. You can follow @CiscoPinball on Twitter for more details and check out the pictures below for a sneak peek. Read More »
Tags: cisco live, Cisco Pinball, Cisco Services
Earlier this week, Amy Lewis told us all about Cisco Live DCV Social Media Activities. There are some exciting data center services activities going on too. Unfortunately, no bacon included.
So I know services aren’t big shiny objects, let alone tangible at all, but there are lots of nifty activities going on at Cisco Live San Diego on June 10-14th where you can learn more about how services can help you reach your data center goals.
Here are some highlights you don’t want to miss:
- Cloud Partner Pavilion: Cisco staff including Debbie Abbott will be showcasing the Cloud Profile Tool and offer a future complimentary Cloud Readiness Assessment through a Cisco partner. Earn points by trying the Cloud Profile Tool and meeting with the 14 partners at the pavilion to enter to win prizes including 28 iPad3s.
- Advanced Services Whiteboard Area of Data Center booth: our services experts including Arup Chakravarty will be armed with a whiteboard to answer your toughest questions on Nexus, UCS, SAN, Cloud automation (CIAC), virtualization, enterprise cloud design, data center migration, and more.
Read More »
Tags: cisco live, cloud, data center services, San Diego, vdi
Cisco Live 2012 is almost here. Hello San Diego! Time to make the difficult decision regarding partitioning luggage space between tech and clothes. The informal Twitter poll indicates tech is winning. Don’t forget the chargers, because there’s a lot going on.
- Bacon and Waffles Tweetup on Tuesday!
Now that I’ve got your full attention, here’s a rundown of some of the social media activities happening at Cisco Live this year.
Read More »
Tags: cisco live, cloud, data center, dcv, San Diego, social media for technologists, switching, tweetup, virtualization
It’s that time of the year again…when Cisco’s annual flagship IT and communications conference, Cisco Live U.S., brings you the latest technical education and training, certification testing, and the opportunity to extend your professional networks. This year, the conference is being held in beautiful San Diego, with over 15,000 customers, IT experts and partners expected to attend. But don’t fret if you can’t attend in person, because content will be streamed live June 12-14 via the all-new Cisco Live 365. This content-based community and portal includes sessions from Cisco Live conferences around the globe, a totally revamped session catalog, social sharing features and an augmented World of Solutions. The best part? Access is free! During the event, you can look forward to the following:
- Keynotes, Partner Super Sessions and press conferences
- Selected technical sessions
- Ask the Expert Sessions with live interaction with experts
- Twenty-two Cisco and Partner Resource Centers in the virtual World of Solutions
- uStream Cisco and partner channels streaming live from the WoS in San Diego
- The chance to win prizes and earn Cisco Preferred Access points in the Cisco Live 365 Prize Center
Curious to see the live events schedule for June 12-14? Click here for the Cisco Live 365 agenda.
Nearly 300 breakout sessions will be captured on video during Cisco Live San Diego and made available by June 20 -- View a PDF of the capture list here. Plus, you’ll find monthly events on a wide range of topics offered throughout the year.
Join colleagues from over 195 countries, without ever leaving your desk. Log in for the full experience at www.CiscoLive365.com -- access is free
Tags: cisco live, cisco live 365, john chambers, networkers, TechWiseTV, virtual events
Long time Open MPI mailing list contributor and Open Source Grid Engine (OGE, previously known as SGE) maintainer Rayson Ho has just opened up a blog about Open Grid Engine kinds of things.
In one of his first posts, he’s giving away a free Cisco Live! pass for the June 10-14, 2012 event. All you have to do is answer a “simple” MPI question (well, it might not be as simple as it looks ).
As of yesterday, no one had answered the question correctly, so it’s still up for grabs!
Tags: cisco live, HPC, mpi