#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by Cisco Champions as technologists. Today we talk about the Dream Team with Alumni Zoe Rose and Cisco Networking Academy Program Managers Gena Pirtle and Sara Shreve.
Get the Podcast
- Listen to this episode
- Download this episode (right-click on the episode’s download button)
- View this episode in iTunes
DreamTeam Alumni Guest
- Zoë Rose (@5683Monkey) Member of Cisco Live DreamTeam 2015
- Gena Pirtle (@@genapirtle), Marketing and Workforce Program Manager for Cisco Corporate Affairs which manages the Cisco Networking Academy Program
- Sara Shreve (@SaShreve), Associate Corporate Social Responsibilities Manager at Cisco Networking Academy Program
Cisco Champion Guest Hosts
- Josh Kittle (@Collab_Ninja), Collaboration Engineer & Technology Blogger/Freelance Technical Trainer
Tags: #ciscochampion, #CiscoChampionRadio, #CiscoLive2015, #CLUS, Cisco Live NOC, Dream Team, Network Operations Center, networking academy
That is it, Cisco Live Milan is over! The “before” of anticipation, seemingly a moment ago, is replaced by the “after” of takeaways and accomplishments for the week. Some passed their CCIE certification, some met a new business partner, but it’s likely that everyone learned something new. I am not an exception.
During the week, I presented at two different technical breakout sessions (BRKRST-2304 – Hitchhiker’s Guide to Troubleshooting IPv6 and BRKEWN-2666 – IPv6 on WiFi: You talk too much! NOT anymore) and spent my remaining time working with everyone in the Network Operations Center (NOC) to ensure that IPv6 is a smooth ride for all of the 9,000+ devices on the network. Not only did I learn a lot, but this year at Cisco Live Milan was a year of “firsts” for me.
- For starters, it was the first time I shared details about my experience with large-scale IPv6 WiFi setups with Cisco Live attendees in the form of a breakout session. After talking with attendees, my main takeaway – Read More »
Tags: #CLEUR, #IPV6ONLYEXP, Cisco Live Milan, Cisco Live NOC, IPv6, IPv6-only WiFi, NOC
Another year, another CiscoLive. This was the last year in the London venue, and since it was the third time we did it, we had a chance to incorporate learning from the previous two years. As a result, I would say the network was quite a success.
The key element of the design, led by Mark McKillop, was the balance between showcasing the latest technology and maintaining the simplicity of the network. This year we had a mixed L2 + L3 core design. This design helped decrease the impact of various parts on each other. The L2 core was in place for the “special-case” requests, which a routing-based infrastructure could not help with. Read More »
Tags: cisco live, Cisco Live NOC, Cisco Live Orlando, IPv6, l2, L3, Network design
An elite group from Cisco Networking Academy, consisting of 6 students and 1 instructor, were recently selected from dozens of applicants across the United States to participate at Cisco Live in Las Vegas, Nevada from July 6-14, 2011. As Cisco’s largest customer appreciation event, the team worked alongside Cisco engineers to help build and troubleshoot the massive Network Operations Center (NOC) which supported nearly 15,000 attendees at the event. Dubbed the “Dream Team,” these student ambassadors engaged with customers, provided networking support as needed, attended technical sessions, and even got to enjoy some tourist attractions.
The students with Carlos Dominguez, Senior Vice President Cisco Systems
This unique development experience was sponsored by Cisco and included an opportunity to take a free certification exam at the conference. None of the students were Cisco certified coming to the event, but 3 left CCNA Certified! The Dream Team will continue to learn from the experience with access to Networkers Virtual which provides industry insight into the latest technologies and solutions available to Cisco customers.
A personal visit from Cisco Senior Vice President, Carlos Dominguez, was an additional surprise for the Dream Team. He commended the value of the team’s efforts and encouraged them to continue to pursue their IT/Networking career paths (watch the video).
Local Las Vegas student, Chris Kordus, who is enrolled in the Networking Academy at College of Southern Nevada, was interviewed by a Las Vegas television station about his career change from the construction industry.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco Live NOC, cisco networking academy, CSR, education, netacad
Do you want to simplify your network management? Visit the Cisco Prime booth at Cisco Live 2011 to learn how you can easily improve network operations. Come to the Cisco Prime booth 1885 to see the latest innovations in network management for enterprises and service providers. Join us for the following Cisco Prime activities at Cisco Live:
- Talk with the experts: Cisco network management experts will be available to answer your questions and provide interactive live demonstrations of Cisco Prime, wired, wireless, telepresence, cloud, and unified communications management solutions at the Cisco Prime booth 1885.
- Network Operations Center (NOC) tours: Sign up for a 30-minute tour of the Cisco Live NOC led by the network management experts who are running the NOC. Limited to 6 people per tour. Pre-registration is required. Sign up at the Cisco Prime booth. Tour times:
- Monday, July 11: 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12: 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13: 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14: 11 a.m.
Read More »
Tags: booth 1885, Cisco Live 2011, Cisco Live NOC, cisco prime