Springtime in Germany brings us Hannover Messe, one of the largest industrial conferences and exhibitions in the world. This year, Cisco will feature our validated and proven Manufacturing and Power Transmission & Control solutions. Our portfolio of market-leading industrial products and solutions offered with our complete lifecycle management services that address the key challenges of the fourth industrial revolution.
- Best-in-class industrial cyber and physical security protection
- Scalable IP based architectures and technologies that seamlessly integrate Profinet, and Ethernet/IP standards
- A faster path to Internet of Everything (IoE) value
- Optimized workflows and operation with secure remote access to global experts and real-time plant floor data analytics
Some of the key new capabilities we are highlighting include:
- Enhanced solution and product support for Profinet-based connected factories
- Updated industrial security by introducing identity management and services into Industrial networks to increase access security
Cisco technologies and products will be showcased and integrated into a multi-vendor and highly flexible production plant. In the SmartFactory KL booth located Hall 8, D20 we will be displaying a modularized automation and control structure that can be flexibly combine machines and automation modules in the production process. The demonstration will showcase the advantages of interoperability including quick setup and modifications to multi-vendor plant assets, product changes in real-time, and a versatile platform for production automation.
See one example of how we do it in this overview of our Industrial Ethernet (IE) 4000 switch series:
Tags: 4th industrial revolution, Cisco Connected Factory, cisco cybersecurity, cisco industrial ethernet, Connected Oil & Gas, connected utilities, cyber-physical security, discrete manufacturing, Hannover Messe, IE3000, IE4000, internet of things, IoT