Since the release of the last Cisco Global Cloud Index, cloud computing has evolved from an emerging technology to an established network solution. Cisco Global Cloud Index (GCI) Forecast for 2011-2016 reveals new insights and visibility into emerging trends affecting data centers and cloud architectures at organizations worldwide. Below is an excerpt.
Earlier this week, I was joined by Brian Cinque of Cisco IT, Rodrigo Flores and Yair Dolev of our Cloud & Systems Management Business Unit to run a Cloud workshop before the Cloud Expo in Silicon Valley. We had a very interesting group of attendees that were mostly building private clouds with some public cloud builders. We discussed a variety of topics such as:
- To the Cloud and the Big Themes
- Private Cloud Success: Cisco IT
- What type of Cloud are you building (and for whom)?
- Best practices of successful cloud builders
- Panel: Storytelling about other successful clouds.
We had great demand for sharing the slide deck that we used so here it is. Enjoy.
Hear more from @cloud_wayne
By Ian Symes, Director of Marketing, Cisco UK and Ireland
Throughout the Games, just steps away from the Olympic Stadium, crowds have gathered around CiscoCloud, our interactive digital installation at the heart of the Olympic Park.
The installation is positioned opposite the Arcelor Mittal Orbit and is made up of five interactive pods which use 3D image technology to capture visitors’ faces, and create their Olympic ‘GamesFace2012’ using London 2012 images sourced from the web.
Cisco Video Surveillance helps public sector organizations transform the way they protect people, property and critical infrastructure
- Urban security, city surveillance, national security, critical infrastructure, and large public events
- Disaster recovery and first responder
- Safe and secure colleges and universities
Cisco Video Surveillance on Unified Computing System also delivers:
- Rapid provisioning from 8 weeks to 15 minutes
- Reduced infrastructure costs, faster disaster recovery and deployment, reduced staffing needs and cooling costs
- Improved performance, scalability, agility and manageability
If you didn’t get a chance to visit Australia, perhaps next year. Here’s some nice photos from the CiscoLive show floor.
• Cisco Video Surveillance helps public sector organizations transform the way they protect people, property and critical infrastructure
o Urban security, city surveillance, national security, critical infrastructure, and large public events
o Disaster recovery and first responder
o Safe and secure colleges and universities
• Hyper-scalable (tens of thousands of cameras), hyper-flexible
• Rapid provisioning from 8 weeks to 15 minutes
• Reduced infrastructure costs, faster disaster recovery and deployment, reduced staffing needs and cooling costs
• Improved performance, scalability, agility and manageability
- CiscoLive Australia http://www.cisco.com/web/ANZ/cisco-live/index.html
Check out some photos from the live event in Australia!
- Cisco Physical Security at CiscoLive http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le21/le22/cisco_live_anz_popup.html
- Video for Public Safety and Justice: Five Strategies to Stretch Government Budgets http://tinyurl.com/7rskd5e http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6918/ps9145/ps9154/10_good_reasons_to_consider_financing.pdf, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6918/ps9145/ps9154/10_good_reasons_to_consider_financing.pdf
- Cisco Global Government www.cisco.com/go/government
- Cisco Global Education www.cisco.com/go/education
- Cisco Global Healthcare www.cisco.com/go/healthcare
- Cisco Public Safety and Security http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/government/safe_secure.html http://tinyurl.com/8xkhe32
- Cisco Physical Security: www.cisco.com/go/physec
- Cisco UCS www.cisco.com/go/ucs