The Cisco Global Cloud Index reports that annual global data center IP traffic will reach 6.6 zettabytes by the end of 2016 at a compound annual growth rate of 31 percent. The growth of data and these new technologies impacts not only IT systems and infrastructures, but also the professionals that design, install, operate and manage them. Job roles are transforming more quickly in the data center than any other space in IT.
To meet the need for a comprehensive, job-role-focused training and certification program that allows customers and partners to optimize their IT infrastructure, Cisco today announced a Career Certification portfolio consisting of the Cisco CCNA® Data Center and CCNP® Data Center, as well as a robust product training portfolio.
Following the March 2012 announcement of CCIE Data Center, and the recently introduced suite of Nexus 1000v, 2000/5000, 7000, MDS and UCS product training, Cisco now offers a complete portfolio of Data Center training and certification, from the associate to expert level. For the first time, two key pillars of the Unified Cisco Data Center architecture: Cisco Unified Computing and Cisco Unified Fabric are covered across the job roles of design, implementation and troubleshooting.
Both networking professionals that want a new career choice, and current data center professionals who want to maximize their data center equipment design, installation and maintenance skills will enjoy benefits from this new certification track.
Watch below as Jeanne Beliveau Dunn, vice president and general manager of Learning@Cisco discusses the evolution of skills needed to support next generation Data Center technologies:
To know more about these certifications , visit the following web sites
Cisco CCNA® Data Center
CCNP® Data Center
Read also the full release here: http://newsroom.cisco.com/release/1105436
Tags: CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, certification, channel, data center, IT skills, Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, Jeanne Dunn, Learning@Cisco, professionals, talent
Networking is predicted to become the second fastest growing occupation in the U.S., faster than the average for all occupations, and should continue to grow as we invest in new, quicker technology and mobile networks. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job growth for network administrators, network support specialists and computer network architects alone is projected to grow by more than 20 percent by 2018.
Here’s an infographic to show the industry’s growth, what the future of tech looks like and the skills that will be in demand. Read More »
Tags: certification, IT Professionals, IT shortage, IT skills, Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, Jeanne Dunn, Learning@Cisco, talent
The Global Certification Team (GCT) is proud to announce the addition of the Catalyst 6500-E to the Unified capabilities (UC) Approved Products List (APL). The Cat6K was tested as a switch in Virtual Switching System (VSS) mode with Software Release (Rel.) 15.0(1)SY1, Tracking Number (TN) 1132001, as an Assured Services Local Area Network (ASLAN) – Layer 2/Layer 3 Access, Core, and Distribution switch. The UC APL Memo can be found here.
The Cisco® Catalyst® 6500 and 6500-E Series sets the new standard for IP Communications and application delivery in enterprise campus and service provider networks by maximizing user productivity and enhancing operational control. As the premier intelligent, multilayer modular Cisco switch, the Catalyst 6500 Series delivers secure, converged, end-to-end services, from the wiring closet to the core network, the data center, and the WAN edge.
For more information on the Catalyst 6500-E Series, please visit Cisco.com.
Tags: 6500, 6500-E, apl, approved, aslan, capabilities, catalyst, certification, certified, IOS, list, products, UC, unified, vss
It’s summer and my kids have been testing for swim certification so they can swim in the big pool. When they complain about the swim exam, I assure them that it’s not only to be safe, but also to validate that they have reached a recognized standard of performance. Similarly, governments worldwide require proof of certification before allowing equipment, including commercial wireless devices and technology, to be deployed on their networks.
With the growing trend towards BYOD, countless organizations must strategize how to best protect data in-transit across wireless networks, while optimizing the benefits of a mobile workforce. For government and public sector organizations, it is especially imperative that the solutions employed to mitigate risks associated with BYOD and WLAN are compliant with the highest standards and certifications.
Certification is an ongoing effort in a changing landscape. Cisco maintains an active product certification program for government customers by staying as current as possible with certifications to enable our customers to confidently deploy our solution. As of July 26, 2012, we are proud to announce the Common Criteria Certification award to one of our recent 7.0 software releases.
Read More »
Tags: access point, AP, byod, certification, Common Criteria, dod, fips, release 7.0, UCAPL, wireless LAN controller, wlan
The Global Certification Team (GCT) is proud to announce the following additions to the Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (UC APL):
- Cisco ONS 15310-Customer Location (CL) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023001, as a Fixed Network Element (F-NE).
- The Cisco ONS 15310-CL SONET Multiservice Platform is an economical, 1-rack unit (1RU)-high delivery platform optimized for use as the last network element—at the customer location (CL)—in a service provider’s network, or for use as an end node in enterprise or campus environments. The Cisco ONS 15310-CL takes advantage of the proven technology pioneered by the Cisco ONS 15454, the industry’s first and leading multiservice optical transport platform.
- Cisco ONS 15310-Metro Access (MA) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023002, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS15310-MA is a carrier-class MSPP that efficiently switches Ethernet and TDM traffic for use in metropolitan and regional optical networks. With the flexibility and scalability that allow it to support DS1, DS3/EC1, OC-3 to OC-48 SONET, and Ethernet interfaces, the ONS 15310-MA is already a part of many North American service providers multiservice SONET and next-generation “triple play” and IPTV deployment strategies.
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023003, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS 15454 SONET Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) provides the functions of multiple network elements in a single platform. It supports common interfaces such as DS-1, DS-3, and EC-1 and data solutions including 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet solutions with OC-3 through OC-192 optical transport bit rates and integrated DWDM wavelengths.
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 10230047, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) is the most deployed metropolitan-area (metro) and regional dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) solution in the world featuring two- through eight-degree reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) technology that enables wavelength provisioning across entire networks and eliminates the need for optical-to-electrical-to-optical (OEO) transponder conversions. The ONS 15454 MSTP interconnects with Layer-2, Layer-3 and storage area network (SAN) devices at rates up to 40 Gbps. It delivers any service type to any network location and supports all DWDM topologies.
The approval document is posted on the UC APL site at the following URL: https://aplits.disa.mil/processAPList.do
Tags: apl, approved, capabilities, certification, defense, dod, list, network, ons, Optical, products, system, UC, unified