Cisco Live! 2014 will take place in San Francisco from May 19 to 22. Cisco is no stranger when it comes to finding new and innovative ways to support green initiatives such as energy conservation, sustainability and the smarter use of fiscal and natural resources. In fact, it’s been a part of how we have been doing business for years.
In recent years, organizations such as the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) and Greenpeace have ranked Cisco on top amongst other major IT companies.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Catalyst 2960-X, cisco live, Green, Green IT, midmarket
Cisco will host a live webcast on Wedn November 13, 2013 to discuss BYOD, mobility, security and how Cisco access switching address these customer needs. If you are reading this blog, there is a good chance that your work is somehow related to these critical areas. To test how widely BYOD, mobility and security impact IT professionals, I’ve used an unscientific way to check it out on several popular online IT web sites. I want to see if they consider at least one of these areas to be their main focus. Here’s what I’ve found – many of them (although not every single one) are devoted to at least one area. Read More »
Tags: Access Switches, byod, Catalyst 2960-X, Catalyst 3650, Catalyst 3850, Catalyst 4500E, Cisco, free webinar, mobility, switching
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X is our greenest Catalyst access switch ever. If all similar switches shipped in 2012 were as energy efficient as Catalyst 2960-X, you would save enough energy to power every household in San Francisco for more than 3 years. Here’s how:
- At power up, Catalyst 2960-X consumes lower power than other comparable switches.
- Cisco EnergyWise monitors and controls the power consumption of PoE and PoE+ devices connected to the switch. You can turn off IP phones and wireless access points automatically after business hours.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet provides power savings when there is no traffic on switch ports. This saves about 15 watts for a 48 port-switch and 8 watts for a 24 port-switch.
- Downlink Hibernation Mode shuts down the downlink interface to save half watt per port when the connected devices are not in use, for example, after the office hours.
- Switch Hibernation Mode puts the switch to sleep mode during off hours and weekends. In this mode, the switch consumes as low as 6 watts, compared to 47 watts in active mode.
Collectively, these green features can reduce power consumption by up to 80%. Read More »
Tags: Catalyst 2960-X, Cisco, Energywise
If you heard Padmasree Warrior, Rob Lloyd and Edzard Overbeek during Day 2 of Cisco Partner Summit, you know the overall focus was on Cisco technology strategy, innovation and services. Padma and Edzard shared additional thoughts with the Cisco Channels social media team during interviews at the event, and so did Rob – particularly as it relates to Cisco’s unique value proposition to customers and how Cisco and partners can offer simplicity, flexibility and agility when designing solutions.
Let’s hear what Rob, Cisco President, Development and Sales, wanted to make sure Cisco partners took away from their time at Partner Summit:
Read on for more insight from Rob. Read More »
Tags: Catalyst 2960-X, Cisco, Cisco ONE, ciscops13, partner, partner summit, rob lloyd