Last month, I encouraged you to come visit our booth at TMFLive! in Nice to see how Cisco’s unified service management solution helps Service Providers transform their networks into centers of excellence for building customer trust and loyalty by enhancing the customer experience. Now I am proud to announce that, once again, Cisco has partnered with other industry leaders in a number of exciting Catalyst projects that take the evolution of customer experience to the next level while driving operational transformation towards unprecedented agility and efficiency. I’d like to briefly introduce these Catalysts, and encourage you to visit their booths in Nice to learn more:
1) Big Data Driven OSS
Cisco is collaborating with Read More »
Tags: Big Data, Cisco, hybrid networks, OSS, Service Provider, TM Forum, TMFLive
When the Best of Interop 2015 award winners were announced at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, the ITD team members couldn’t control their emotions. This team is well known to work in a startup-mode — comes up with new ideas, builds a prototype, demonstrates it to the executives and SEs, goes into execution mode, and delivers a world class solution.
As the leader of this team, I was asked by several media representatives for an interview. Here is an interview by Information Week news desk (watch full-screen for HD):
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is now shipping on Nexus 9k/7k/5k series of switches.
Here is an informative blog on ITD.
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, ITD, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, NFV, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Hadoop is a Game Changer ! Cisco and MapR have partnered to offer a comprehensive portfolio for enterprise Hadoop deployments that combines Cisco UCS and the MapR Distribution for Apache Hadoop. With significant investments in architectural innovations, the joint solution offers a high-performance platform that can be optimized and scaled for any size to meet the demanding needs of our customers. Today, we are announcing the 3rd generation of our joint solution:
- Based on Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data – extending our vision of Integrated Infrastructure to help organizations deploy and scale applications faster to drive the revenue side of the business, while reducing risks and TCO
- Taking full advantage of the high performance compute, internal storage and active-active network fabric with crucial investments in MapR improving performance and scalability while maintaining the Apache Hadoop API and application compatibility for broad applicability
- Large scale production deployments in a range of industries including finance, healthcare, media retail and government
- Foundation for an enterprise data hub with support for out-of-the-box multi-tenancy ensuring application level SLAs, guarantee isolation, enforce quotas, job placement control, security and delegation as well as providing a low cost of operations and simpler manageability with UCS Manager and the MapR control system
- Fully automated provisioning and deployment of a cluster with Cisco UCS Director Express for MapR with a single management pane across both physical infrastructure and Hadoop software, with advanced application-level monitoring
- Scalability to very larger clusters with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure, enabling multi-tenancy, policy-based flowlet switching, packet prioritization to deliver- throughput on demand, leading-edge load balancing across UCS domains.
Solution Brief: Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with MapR
Cisco Validated Design: Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with MapR with Multi-Tenancy Extension
Cisco UCS Big Data Design Zone
Cisco UCS Solution Accelerator Paks for Big Data
Tags: Big Data, Hadoop, MapR, Multi-Tenancy
There’s no question that the Internet of Everything (IoE) and all of the data it generates will revolutionize core business functions. The challenge today is how to prepare your organization so it can get the most benefit from the arrival of IoE connectivity and big data. One approach is to look at the IoE opportunity in two parts: Evaluating use cases (discussed in this post) and defining the information architecture (covered in an upcoming Part 2). Read More »
Tags: Big Data, Cisco IT, coc-enterprise-networks, coc-ioe, data center, IoE