ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) and RISE (Remote Integrated Services Engine) have been helping Cisco partners and customers save massively on CAPEX and OPEX, while providing unprecedented scalability, high availability and ease and deployment. We had several events at Cisco Live San Diego 2015:
- ITD and RISE Whisper suite meetings for Nexus 9k/7k/5k. For further discussions, please email to email@example.com
- A large number of people came to ITD Booth in the World of Solutions, to watch a demo.
- Breakout sessions :
- New innovation demo at the Hub:
- ITD and Analytics Driven Green Networking : First prize winner in Hackathon 2015
- ITD won the Best of Interop, 2015 in Data Center category. Read blog.
- Nexus 7702 announcement : Nexus 7702 has a sweet spot in being a “services chassis” with RISE and ITD.
- Nexus 5k/6k : RISE and ITD are now shipping: NX-OS 7.1.1N1(1)
- Nexus 9k : ITD is now shipping: NX-OS 7.0(3)I1(2)
We hosted 1:1 customer meetings in whisper suites, during Cisco Live 2015 in San Diego. We had BU Executives, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers on site to meet with customers. It was a unique opportunity for customers to engage directly with the Business Unit. For further discussions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: #BestofInterop, #CiscoITD, #CiscoLive2015, #CLUS, ACI, best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, ciscolive, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, ITD, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, NFV, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
If you ever want to start an argument, simply ask a group of music fans to name the most influential act of the Rock era. Then step back and watch the sparks fly!
As a musician myself, popular music, its origins and evolution have long been a topic of interest and passionate debate among my circle of friends. Everyone has an opinion and even the shyest among us has no problem wading in to this discussion. Sometimes it’s a matter of personal taste, but more often than not I’ve noticed that we tend to argue in favor of the acts we loved in our formative years.
People who came of age in the 1950s identify acts like Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry as innovators. For those who grew up in the 1960s you can expect responses to include The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Who. From the 1970s, you’ll hear names like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac, amongst others. And the list goes on and on. Read More »
Tags: analytics, Big Data, Cisco, Howard Fields, Internet of Everything, IoE
Our last but not least guest blog on “Why I Love Big Data Partner Series” is up! If you are on your way back home from Cisco Live, this would be a great read for your commute. Rob Rosen from Platfora will take us through how easy it is to uncover previously hidden threats with an integrated big data solution that dynamically analyzes large volumes of disparate security data from Cisco’s security portfolio. If you missed Cisco Live this year, Rob also did a great job summarizing some of the key highlights.
Rob Rosen, Sr. Director Partner Solutions at Platfora, is responsible for developing Big Data solutions within Platfora’s partner community including Cisco, Hadoop distribution providers and Platfora’s growing channel partner team. Rob has worked in leadership capacities with technology leaders in the infrastructure and Big Data space including MapR Technologies, NetApp, Check Point Software and Sun Microsystems.
Highlights from Cisco Live: Top Insights from Platfora
It was a jam-packed week at Cisco Live and I had the opportunity to dive into the latest developments around big data analytics and security. It’s well known that as IT infrastructure has transferred to virtual cloud-based applications and storage, organizations need visibility and security to keep their assets and data safe. I saw a lot of impressive presentations and I was able to share our own technology in partnership with Cisco.
Highlights from this week’s conference:
- John Chambers’ keynote: Everyone’s talking about it—and for good reason. As he welcomed the crowd to Cisco Live, Chambers focused on exactly how businesses get disrupted in the digital age. He urged attendees and organizations to not hesitate to scrutinize their IT infrastructure and adopt the new technologies they’d see at the conference.
- Collaboration across companies: There was a huge ecosystem of technology companies that partnered with Cisco for a presence at the event. It’s encouraging to see that these tech giants across all industries are collaborating with one another to develop more comprehensive solutions for customers. Cisco’s leading the pack as it models an inclusive approach built on partnerships—which is better for everyone in the long run.
- Cisco Intercloud announcement: This is a particularly exciting partnership announcement for Platfora. Cisco’s Intercloud Ecosystem could be described as a hybrid “cloud of clouds.” For anyone looking to pull value from their stored data, manage files or do a huge variety of other vital business tasks, this development is huge.
Read More »
Tags: #CiscoACI, #CLUS, @ciscoDC, Big Data, cisco live, CiscoUCS, Hadoop, john chambers, Platfora, security
Today at Cisco Live we announced an expansion of our Intercloud strategy. We added new features and capabilities for our hybrid cloud software, Cisco Intercloud Fabric, along with the addition of 35 independent software vendors committed to developing Intercloud-enabled services for customers. Together these developments will give customers more choice, compliance and control in the hybrid cloud world.
But there is a bigger opportunity that goes beyond hybrid cloud. We’re not just developing a new cloud platform and connecting the world of many clouds. We’re preparing for a much larger hybrid IT-enabled future where billions of digital services, applications and intelligent devices will need a control point. We believe that control point is our Intercloud platform.
The next wave of the Internet
Every hour 300,000 new things connect to the Internet; translating into more than 50 million things a week. And this rate of connectivity is increasing. We estimate that by 2020, 50 billion things and five billion people will be connected.
Each thing will be connected to the Internet. It isn’t necessary for everything to have onboard intelligence, or to be connected full time to the Internet. Intelligence and engagement can be abstracted away from the things themselves to the clouds. We can already see this today. Many of us have several cloud connected things already in our own home – the home thermostat, smoke detector, file backup and smart phone to name a few. And it’s not just in the home – the explosion includes cloud connected cars like the Tesla and connected smart cities.
Read More »
Tags: Big Data, Cisco Intercloud Fabric, cloud services, InterCloud, Internet of Everything
For an IT department, big data may be the largest and most complex challenge that comes with the Internet of Everything (IoE). We must be able to manage, process, and make that data available to many users and applications so they can turn it into valuable business insights. Read More »
Tags: Big Data, blog, Cisco IT, coc-bigdata, coc-ioe, content, data center, IoE, IT, it content