I talk to partners every day about the big data opportunity. We know that partners who sell UCS see dramatically larger deal sizes for big data opportunities. We know all of this and still there is a lot of caution and skepticism from partners about jumping into this new world of big data and analytics. I have heard comments from many partners, like:
- “It’s just hype, another fad”
- “I will ride this out and wait for the wave to pass and go on with business just like I always have”
- “I am driving revenue and growing my business, why do I need to worry about this Big Data thing. I am not going to hire a “data scientist”! I’m not even sure what I would do with one if I hired one!”
There is indeed is a lot of hype about big data and analytics today – it is everywhere. However, it is not a fad, and it is not going away. The world is moving to the Internet of Things (IoT) and the Internet of Everything (IoE), and big data is projected to be the next evolution of IT.
As IoT and IoE gain momentum, enterprises are deploying new data-creating sensor at the far reaches of their networks and billions of new connections are being made. Cisco anticipates that 50 billion things will be connected by 2020. Those connections are creating enormous amounts of data. The ultimate success of IoT and IoE is all about being able to turn that data into insight. Insights that drive organizational improvements such as delivering products faster, fueling higher productivity or predicting customer demand. Big data and analytics is all about driving business outcomes from IoT and IoE. Read More »
Tags: analytics, Big Data, Cisco, IoE, IoT, pamela erdman, partner
The open hybrid-cloud and big data are at the center of the IT transformation that will enable every business, country, and city to become a digital and technology organization. Cisco and Red Hat share a common vision for the future of IT. That’s why Cisco is going big at the Red Hat Summit, which kicks off June 23rd in Boston. It’s going to be a great week of conversations with IT professionals who are harnessing open source innovation across their businesses and organizations to deliver new models of IT.
I’m especially looking forward to the opening general session with Red Hat CEO, Jim Whitehurst and Satinder Sethi Cisco VP of Data Center and Cloud Solutions. I’m sure these two industry luminaries will have keen insights into the market transitions and IT innovations that put the data center at the heart of digital transformation.
Of course, the Cisco team will be busy with an action packed agenda of sessions and demos. Plan to make the Cisco booth your hub in the Red Hat Summit Partner Pavilion. Our mini-theater will feature non-stop tech talks that span OpenStack, Group Based Policy, Big Data and Developer Programs. Every visitor to the Cisco booth will leave with an ultra-cool Cisco hat.
Read More »
Tags: ACI, ACI and Open Stack, app developer, Big Data, Cisco Developer Network, Cisco UCS, OpenStack, red hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platfrom
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) and RISE (Remote Integrated Services Engine) have been helping Cisco partners and customers save massively on CAPEX and OPEX, while providing unprecedented scalability, high availability and ease and deployment. We had several events at Cisco Live San Diego 2015:
- ITD and RISE Whisper suite meetings for Nexus 9k/7k/5k. For further discussions, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A large number of people came to ITD Booth in the World of Solutions, to watch a demo.
- Breakout sessions :
- New innovation demo at the Hub:
- ITD and Analytics Driven Green Networking : First prize winner in Hackathon 2015
- ITD won the Best of Interop, 2015 in Data Center category. Read blog.
- Nexus 7702 announcement : Nexus 7702 has a sweet spot in being a “services chassis” with RISE and ITD.
- Nexus 5k/6k : RISE and ITD are now shipping: NX-OS 7.1.1N1(1)
- Nexus 9k : ITD is now shipping: NX-OS 7.0(3)I1(2)
We hosted 1:1 customer meetings in whisper suites, during Cisco Live 2015 in San Diego. We had BU Executives, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers on site to meet with customers. It was a unique opportunity for customers to engage directly with the Business Unit. For further discussions, please send email to email@example.com.
Tags: #BestofInterop, #CiscoITD, #CiscoLive2015, #CLUS, ACI, best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, ciscolive, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, ITD, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, NFV, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
If you ever want to start an argument, simply ask a group of music fans to name the most influential act of the Rock era. Then step back and watch the sparks fly!
As a musician myself, popular music, its origins and evolution have long been a topic of interest and passionate debate among my circle of friends. Everyone has an opinion and even the shyest among us has no problem wading in to this discussion. Sometimes it’s a matter of personal taste, but more often than not I’ve noticed that we tend to argue in favor of the acts we loved in our formative years.
People who came of age in the 1950s identify acts like Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry as innovators. For those who grew up in the 1960s you can expect responses to include The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Who. From the 1970s, you’ll hear names like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac, amongst others. And the list goes on and on. Read More »
Tags: analytics, Big Data, Cisco, Howard Fields, Internet of Everything, IoE
Our last but not least guest blog on “Why I Love Big Data Partner Series” is up! If you are on your way back home from Cisco Live, this would be a great read for your commute. Rob Rosen from Platfora will take us through how easy it is to uncover previously hidden threats with an integrated big data solution that dynamically analyzes large volumes of disparate security data from Cisco’s security portfolio. If you missed Cisco Live this year, Rob also did a great job summarizing some of the key highlights.
Rob Rosen, Sr. Director Partner Solutions at Platfora, is responsible for developing Big Data solutions within Platfora’s partner community including Cisco, Hadoop distribution providers and Platfora’s growing channel partner team. Rob has worked in leadership capacities with technology leaders in the infrastructure and Big Data space including MapR Technologies, NetApp, Check Point Software and Sun Microsystems.
Highlights from Cisco Live: Top Insights from Platfora
It was a jam-packed week at Cisco Live and I had the opportunity to dive into the latest developments around big data analytics and security. It’s well known that as IT infrastructure has transferred to virtual cloud-based applications and storage, organizations need visibility and security to keep their assets and data safe. I saw a lot of impressive presentations and I was able to share our own technology in partnership with Cisco.
Highlights from this week’s conference:
- John Chambers’ keynote: Everyone’s talking about it—and for good reason. As he welcomed the crowd to Cisco Live, Chambers focused on exactly how businesses get disrupted in the digital age. He urged attendees and organizations to not hesitate to scrutinize their IT infrastructure and adopt the new technologies they’d see at the conference.
- Collaboration across companies: There was a huge ecosystem of technology companies that partnered with Cisco for a presence at the event. It’s encouraging to see that these tech giants across all industries are collaborating with one another to develop more comprehensive solutions for customers. Cisco’s leading the pack as it models an inclusive approach built on partnerships—which is better for everyone in the long run.
- Cisco Intercloud announcement: This is a particularly exciting partnership announcement for Platfora. Cisco’s Intercloud Ecosystem could be described as a hybrid “cloud of clouds.” For anyone looking to pull value from their stored data, manage files or do a huge variety of other vital business tasks, this development is huge.
Read More »
Tags: #CiscoACI, #CLUS, @ciscoDC, Big Data, cisco live, CiscoUCS, Hadoop, john chambers, Platfora, security