Communicating virtually, virally and visually empowers the end user to receive information at home, at work and on the move -and, in an environmentally friendly way. Can these make up the mantra for the launches and marketing in the 21st century? At Cisco, we think so!”Everything Web 2.0: and”Green everything“seems to surround us in traditional media, online and, as we increasingly discover, even in the grocery store around the corner. Certainly, this is the vision for Cisco, for industry and for the way the world will operate going forward. The launch of the ASR 1000 Series Router Series is a turning point for the way we will take products to market – virtually, virally, visually and green.Take a look at some of the fun and engaging ways that Cisco marketing took innovation to the 21st century level and applied web 2.0 technologies and other leading environmentally friendly marketing tools to engage both Business Decision Makers (BDMs) and Technology Decision Makers (TDMs) in support of this exciting announcement.
- Funny, network heavy user “uber user” testimonials with tell a friend function for viral distribution, also posted to YouTube
- Engaging Facebook user group offers a forum to celebrate / discuss our network addiction
- Cisco Edge Quest 3-D game to highlight product innovation and encourage viral distribution
- Second Life launch event enables attendees to”experience” the platform in the virtual world
- Social media web widget (as shown below) leverages social media resources
- On-line, live product introduction broadcasts with Q&A in nineteen languages.
- Early “teaser” release on Cisco QuantumFlow Processor (QFP) to heighten industry buzz (i.e., how will this innovation be applied?)
- “Follow-the-sun” worldwide TelePresence sessions for international coverage
The blog world has been a-buzz with posts-(Jon Arnold, NetworkWorld, 6200 Networks, etc..)Is Cisco the first company in the industry to do a virtual, viral, visual and green launch? We’d love to hear your views!!