Starting off day 2 from Geneva by recapping some news from Telefonica and Turkcell. The agenda for today encompasses a CTO Roundtable and a news announcement from 13000 miles away.
Customer trends are highlighted from ITU Geneva in a conversation with Edwin Paalvast as we expand upon the clear messages from customers:
- how do we extend revenue?
- how do we get new services into the verticals?
- how can we leverage the networks and help them be more profitable while saving costs?
P.K. Peruvemba and I talk about the Cisco/Bharti Airtel Alliance for Services. Bharti Airtel and Cisco today announced a strategic business alliance to create products and services for the small, medium and large enterprises.
- A suite of jointly created unique products, including managed data services, hosted unified communications, connected branch services and Cisco TelePresence, will be launched in a phased manner
- The combination of wide network reach and extensive scope of managed services of Bharti Airtel and Cisco make this alliance one of the broadest in the industry
Hello from Geneva! I just wanted to take a moment and wrap up Cisco’s 1st day at ITU 2009.
John Chambers, Chairman and CEO, Cisco Systems, discusses the role of the Public Sector & Economic Recovery at the Opening Plenary – ITU Geneva. ITU 2009 is bringing together hundreds of exhibitors from more than 40 countries with more 20,000 attendees from more than 140 countries worldwide. Cisco’s three focus areas this year are bridging the Digital Divide, Climate Change and Disaster Relief.