MPLS 2010 Conference and Cisco Leadership
Well I am just recovering from a fantastic IETF-79 held in Beijing, PRC from November 7-12. I have to say that the MPLS Conference 2010, held in Washington D.C. from October 24-27 was a resounding success!
MPLS-TP was the hot topic at MPLS 2010 this year in Washington D.C. Cisco had a strong presence e.g. with seven Cisco distinguished engineer and technical lead presenters:
- Monique Morrow, Distinguished Engineer
- Luyuan Fang, Principal Engineer
- George Swallow, Distinguished Engineer
- Santiago Alvarez, Distinguished Engineer
- Azhar Sayeed, Director of Product Marketing
- Clarence Filsfils, Distinguished Engineer
- Zafar Ali, Technical Leader
Cisco had presentations on MPLS-TP, multicast, mobility, optical and cloud. Following, is my presentation from the Technical Sessions on Day 1
At this conference there was no question that MPLS-TP is the industry standard!
Finally, most significantly, the ISOCORE interoperability demo was an excellent public venue to showcase the results of a first-ever multi-vendor, standards-based MPLS-TP interop testing.
Having a new section on innovation and emerging technologies added depth to this conference.