Mobile World Congress 2012 has finally arrived and we have picked up a lot of 3G and 4G/LTE momentum as we arrive in Spain!
Less than two week ago, Cisco announced our latest Mobile VNI forecast, and it seems like everyone is stopping to take notice of what the numbers say.
In the past week, five major customers announced their partnership with Cisco in deploying our Mobile Internet solutions:
- Magyar Telekom, a Deutsche Telekom company, launched its 4G LTE mobile broadband network with the Cisco ASR 5000,
- LG U+ announced their new V2oLTE service, also based on the ASR 5000,
- Vodafone Hungary talked about the power of Cisco’s intelligent mobile network when it comes to monetizing mobile traffic,
- Telefonica Spain announced it is delivering mobile video services underpinned by Cisco’s ASR5K
- And just this morning, Bell Canada announced they had completed the majority of their Western Canada LTE network with the ASR 5000.
This week, we’ll have even more news to share, as executives from AT&T, Shaw, and Orange join me and our very own CEO, John Chambers, for a panel session streamed live from the show. Be sure to tune in here on Tuesday, February 28, to see the discussion.
You will hear and see more about the many mobile Internet solutions enabled by Cisco at Mobile World Congress . Stop by our booth in Hall 8 and we’ll be glad to show you around.
Thanks for reading, and look forward to seeing you in Barcelona!