It’s a Small (Cell) World After All
To borrow from Walt Disney, it’s a small (cell) world after all . . .
Not only was this Cisco’s message at Mobile World Congress 2012 but, in the weeks since, the mobile industry has been singing the same refrain. The media, analysts, our partners, customers and competitors have enthusiastically joined the chorus, acknowledging that the post-macrocell era is upon us.
As Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers has said, “radio type no longer defines the network architecture — and small cells are critical in delivering the mobile Internet.” To be competitive, mobile operators must support heterogeneous network access including licensed and unlicensed (Wi-Fi) radio, have an intelligent core and offer cloud-based services that deliver more applications faster in a scalable, flexible and resilient environment.
The booths have come down and the Fira de Barcelona has gone silent, but Cisco is still singing our small cell song. Over the next 60 days, we’ll be taking our show on the road and around the world. Look for us as we dot the map, making stops in the following locations:
- April 17-18 in Rio de Janiero, Brazil. A sponsor of the 3rd LTE Latin America 2012 event, Cisco will join with over 400 attendees across Central and Latin America for the best-attended operator conference in the region. Cisco’s Anderson Andre, Director of Sales, will be speaking and Cisco executives will be available for customer meetings.
- April 24 in London, United Kingdom. Join us at LightReading Live! where we’ll discuss how Cisco’s small cell deployments are made more powerful by integration with the Cisco Next Generation Mobile Internet architecture.
- April 29-30 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Cisco will sponsor and attend the 2nd LTE Middle East & North Africa 2012 event. Rabih Dabboussi, Director of Sales, will be presenting and Cisco will host customer meetings.
- May 7, 8-10 in New Orleans, LA. At CTIA Wireless 2012, the Cisco team will share our thought leadership, give technology demos and host meetings with our customers.
- May 21-23 in Boston, MA. Join us for the National Cable and Telecommunications Association’s Cable Show, where we will be sharing technology demos.
- May 23-24 in Barcelona, Spain. Cisco will be back in Barcelona at the LTE World Summit where Jon Morgan, Director, Mobile Internet Technology Group, will be presenting and our executives and subject matter experts will be available for customer meetings.
The mountains divide and the oceans are wide . . . but we’re taking our small cell message across the small (cell), small (cell) world. We hope to see you along the way.
See here or contact your Cisco Account Manager for more information on how Cisco is transforming the mobile internet.Tags: