IP Address Management, Part V: Return on Investment (ROI)
An IP Address Management (IPAM) solution is not just a repository for IP addresses. The simplicity and thoroughness it offers makes for a powerful tool that increases the efficiency and reliability of networks while substantially reducing operating expenses:
- Automation of Processes: Tasks that administrators don’t have to manage manually result in direct management time and operating expense savings.
- Simplification of Processes: Reducing the number of steps required for common tasks results in corresponding savings in how long operators must spend on daily management tasks. When considered across a large network, these savings can be a significant percentage of an operator’s working hours.
- Elimination of Human Error: Manually tracking IP addresses using a spreadsheet is prone to a variety of reading, typing, and procedural errors. Even the simple mistyping of an IP address can result in configuration errors that are difficult to identify and costly downtime. Automating processes eliminates the possibility of human error, leading to greater network reliability and operating efficiency.
- Comprehensive Auditing: Auditing for compliance and accountability are critical to maintaining network health. Auditing enables administrators to verify that best practices are being followed across the network. Administrators can also verify that each person with access to management services has the skill and knowledge to use these capabilities properly.
- Proactive Management: Cisco Prime Network Registrar’s Dashboard feature provides visibility into network health and stability using intuitive graphics with a granularity down to individual devices. In this way, pending issues can be identified before they become problems and impact performance.
- Simplified Planning: Cisco Prime Network Registrar simplifies developing and maintaining a robust IP address management plan. With the ability to monitor both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses from a single point, migration complexity is substantially reduced.
- Greater Network Stability: When there are fewer errors, the network is more stable. In addition, administrators spend less of their time troubleshooting, freeing them to focus on strategic planning and the generation of new revenue.
For more information on how Cisco Prime Network Registrar can enable you to take control of your network, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: