GigaOM Network Events: NewTeeVee Live 09 – Murali Nemani on Video Everywhere
Murali Nemani, Director of Video Solutions at Cisco Systems, speaks with Stacy Spognardi, Cisco, at the NewTeeVee event in San Francisco, CA about how fragmentation is impacting the video industry. He discusses how the convergence of Pay TV and online video is the wave of the future.
- Cisco Prediction 1: Choice reigns supreme…but fragmentation sets in.
- Cisco Prediction 2: Video monopolizes bandwidth while driving the action to the network edge.
- Cisco Prediction 3: Online video and Pay TV will converge one rich service offer.
- Cisco Prediction 4: The dawn of a new era to transform the video ecosystem: IP Video.
- Cisco Prediction 5: The network becomes the platform for service and business model innovation.
For more also see our discussion on the three particular marketing dynamics that are affecting the video landscape and Cisco’s view of how video will evolve in terms of consumer experiences and the implications on the video ecosystem.
Providing insights, interviews, and videos from a wide range of networking professionals both inside and outside of Cisco to get a 360 view on hot topics relevant to Service Providers.