Topics such as Software Defined Networking and programmable networks are of great interest to many network operators these days. With that in mind we’re pleased to kick off a new series of Webcasts to help our customer learn more about Cisco’s Open Network Environment strategy.
Please join us on April 9, 2013 at 9:00 am Pacific Time / 12:00 pm Eastern Time for an educational webcast featuring Ayman Sayed, Cisco Senior Vice President of the Network Operating Systems Technology Group. As part of the Cisco Open Network Environment (ONE) educational series, this session will focus on the Cisco One Platform Kit (onePK). Speakers will talk through how this easy-to-use toolkit provides users access to the valuable data and services inside the network for development, automation and rapid service creation with Cisco’s onePK SDK.
During the hour, Cisco technology experts will join with industry leaders to discuss their experience with Cisco’s onePK. Industry experts include:
- Kamil Knotek, Chief of Research and Development, Pramacom Prague spol. s r.o.
- Brendon Whateley, Principal Solutions Architect, Starview Inc.
Subject matter experts will also be on hand to answer your questions live.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Overview of the onePK architecture, benefits, and evolution
- How onePK provides a solid foundation to build application integration for development operations, software defined networking (SDN) controllers, as well as configurable northbound exposure through OpenFlow, REST and more
- Use cases for enterprises and service providers
- Best practices and recommendations for customers looking to use device-level APIs in their network
- Use-case-led demo of the Cisco onePK solution in action
Join us to learn how Cisco onePK can help build a more agile and programmable infrastructure.
Missed the previous webcasts?
An introduction to OpenStack
- Lew Tucker, VP/CTO for Cloud Computing at Cisco and vice chairman of the OpenStack Foundation
- Raj Patel, VP of Cloud Services at Cloud Collaboration Applications Technology Group, Cisco
An introduction to OpenFlow
- David Ward, CTO, Cisco Engineering
- Matt Davy, former Executive Director, InCNTRE & Chief Network Architect, Indiana University
- Yuichi Ikejiri, Director, Technology Department, Network Services Division, NTT Communications Corporation