It’s that time of year again, and though this will be my 5th Mobile World Congress, I’m very excited to be returning to Barcelona. I think this show will be the biggest in the GSMA’s history, and I know, from Cisco’s perspective, this will not only be our biggest, but also our best MWC.
For those of you who will also be attending MWC, I want to take a few moments to let you know what you’ll find at the Cisco booth. And for those of you not attending, I want to give you some information and links to help you feel like you’re right there with us.
First, we have a full line-up of impressive speakers, including our Chairman and CEO, John Chambers.
And in the booth, we’ll showcase our comprehensive next-generation mobile network and demonstrate how our solutions can help operators capitalize on today’s opportunities while more effectively addressing network challenges.
Our booth this year will be broken up into three main areas:
1. Monetization, Optimization and Mobile Video
Here operators can learn how our monetization solutions enable them to integrate subscriber knowledge with network and application intelligence to create new services, control existing services and collaborate to extend their business partnerships.
You’ll also learn about network optimization solutions based on our adaptive, intelligent mobile architecture. These solutions enable mobile operators to lower the cost of mobile traffic while improving the quality of experience for all subscribers. Solutions include:
- Intelligent policy control providing fair usage enforcement
- Offload including Wi-Fi, Femto and network-based offload
- Video and data optimization
We will also focus on how our monetization and optimization technologies are impacting the future of mobile video.
2. Mobile Infrastructure
Also featured in the booth are our IP solutions in the RAN, packet core, core and data center, which combine to form a comprehensive foundation that enables operators to:
- Evolve multi-generation radio technologies and topologies on a unified IP network
- Migrate to 4G/Long Term Evolution (LTE) while deploying a cost-optimal IP foundation
- Scale to meet capacity demand, with optimization to reduce operating costs
- Unified Compute, Unified Fabric, and IP-NGN
- Infrastructure, collaboration, and Mobile Cloud solutions
- Application and media-aware networks for secure delivery of services
If you’re headed to Barcelona, download our event app, have a safe trip, and be sure to stop by the Cisco booth in Hall 8, Stand A70, and meet with Cisco experts and see demonstrations of all of these solutions.
And if you can’t join us in Barcelona, follow all the activity on our Twitter feed, on YouTube, and in the Cisco SP Mobility Community. It’s the next best thing to being there…actually going to your local Tapas restaurant would be the next best thing.
And one more thing…stop back here on Monday for a very special announcement from the head of our Mobile Internet group, Ash Dahod. He has some news that I’m sure will move you.