By Mike McKeown -- Director of Business Development for Service Provider Video at Cisco, EMEAR
It may be a month of bank holidays in Europe, but there’s no standing still for the video industry in May. We’re proud to say that it started with an announcement from Synergy Research (at the end of April) that we are the leading provider of video technology solutions to the industry.
How, you might ask, do you follow that?
With two of the industry’s most prominent events -- firstly NCTA’s the Cable Show in LA and now ANGACOM in Cologne.
As with every year, NCTA provided a platform for the US cable industry to demonstrate and discuss the latest trends affecting some of the world’s largest cable operators.
On May 20th through 22nd, we’ll undoubtedly be having similar discussions at ANGACOM, but with a specific focus on the challenges and opportunities faced by Cable, DTH and Broadband operators in Europe.
Whilst there are varying challenges for Service Providers throughout the region, there are inevitably commonalities – including a need for OPEX reduction, agility, speed and creating next generation TV services.
Tomorrow starts here. At ANGA, on stand J13, we will be showcasing solutions to help ignite growth for your business.
To provide a few highlights:
- We’ll have the first demonstration of Videoscape Cloud Fusion in Europe, with Videoscape powering new experiences from the Cloud.
- We’ll also be showcasing our eye-opening (and open!) new integrated cable access portfolio – including Gigabit services, the forthcoming cBR-8, our 2nd Gen CCAP hub,, ground-breaking developments like Remote PHY, DOCSIS 3.1 and a software-defined (SDN) and virtualized approach across our CMTS, QAM and HFC platforms.
- And of course we will be showing off our newly introduced end-end 4K and HEVC capabilities available for the cloud and in gateways and clients for the home
- If that wasn’t enough, we’ll be highlighting a number of customer deployments including of RDK (Reference Design Kit) and the award winning Cisco Snowflake, so please do come by.
During the event we’ll be sharing our perspective in the following conference sessions, for more information including additional participants, visit the ANGA conference agenda:
- On Tuesday 20th May at 14:15 CET, Alon Bernstein will join a panel on the topic of Virtual CMTS
- On Thursday 22nd May at 11:45, Yves Padrines, Vice President, Service Provider Video, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia at Cisco will take to the stage to discuss the connected home
- And finally, also on Thursday 22nd May at 13:15, Nick Fielibert, CTO Service Provider Video EMEAR, will present on “Cloud or not to cloud, that is the question!”