There are many blogs and opinions floating around regarding the Google+ versus Facebook debate and by no means do I want to offer my own analysis here. Other people – much smarter than me – said it all. I’m sure you’ve also seen the infographics showing the explosion in Google+ account registrations. But, are people really using this site or did they just open an account?
For this post, I want to do something different. I would love to hear from you…ABOUT YOU. A few days ago, I tweeted a question and asked some of my fellow practitioners about how they were using Google+ relative to Facebook, and received some interesting answers. I must admit, I nodded my head “yes” several times as I listened – I could relate. So if you have a Google+ account and/or a Facebook profile, I would love to get your comments. The questions I’m looking to get answers to are:
- HOW OFTEN do you use your Google+ account relative to Facebook?
- HOW do you use Google+ versus Facebook? What type of CONTENT do you publish on each platform – same, different, etc? And WHO do you connect with on each platform?
- What’s your PLAN for each as you look 12 – 18 months into the future? (E.g., “no plan, I’m taking it one day at a time”, “I’m just experimenting with Google+”, etc)
- Anything else you think can help us better understand how you’re using these tools
HOW TO PLAY?
- Post your comments below (requires you to log in)
- Focus on how YOU are using these tools (i.e. no general analysis)
- Keep it clean and be nice
- Share this post with your friends and followers
Thank you in advance for participating!