Every year, a few individuals are selected by the Navy to partake in educational embarks and tours that display full capabilities of the Navy and Marine Corps at sea, in the air, and on land and increase awareness of the Navy’s mission.
This is minor so you might not have even noticed it — or if you did, we hope you noticed it in a good way!
This weekend we made some subtle changes to the timing of those interactive “Megamenus” that are available from all Cisco.com pages. We made the change because after some extensive usability testing, we found that some of the original interaction timing struck customers as too “jittery.” So, we have made the timing more purposeful. Let us know what you think.
On May 8th and 9th, come to Cisco Headquarters to learn advanced social practices, mingle with old friends and make new ones at the 2012 Advanced Social Media Strategies for PR, Marketing and Corporate Communications Summit. Hang out with us and other attendees in the real and virtual worlds as we explore topics like how to:
- Adapt to the social business model: the key to real culture change
- Hone in on the “social” aspect of social media
- Build a collaborative case for social media to persuade your C-suite
- Use carrots—not sticks—to get buy-in for a social media marketing strategy
- Take risks, measure results and meet marketing goals using social media
- Track the ROI of social media Read More »
You may have noticed we did some updates to Cisco.com search in the last week. Here are some highlights:
- Custom # of results. Here’s an important feature for Cisco.com power users: We’ve added the option to change the number of search results displayed from the standard 10 to your choice of 10, 20, 30 or 50 results per page:
- Status on support community items. Cisco Support Community forums content now show question status, rating, and number of replies within the search results
- Product synonyms help findability. Added product ID synonyms to Software Download and Forums, Blogs, and Wikis
- Improved Web Accessibility by implementing tab order and focus on Search Results page, including skip links
- Updated advanced search page functionality
- Additional tuning on results.
Online communities have started to play a large role in business as companies realize they’re a significant channel to stay connected with customers and partners. Community managers now have big shoes to fill while keeping up with all the online communications that occur on these fast-growing and engaging platforms. We’re also seeing how customer communities will increasingly become a new measure of success in the corporate world.
Communities are influencing us to change the way we do business in diverse ways, and we wanted to hear what advanced social media practitioners Dave Gutelius (@gutelius), Chief Social Scientist at JIVE, and Becky Brown (@beckyannbrown), Social Media Marketing Director at Intel, had to say about this topic. Here’s a short video (just over 2 minutes) which relays a few of their key points. Hope you enjoy! Read More »