Cisco.com Product Category Pages: New, Better, Live
You’ve probably noticed the new product category pages on Cisco.com, which we updated last week. That’s pages like the ones for Switches, Routers, Voice and Unified Communication, Security, Wireless and about a dozen others.
We’ve made a number of new enhancements (see below), and one of the ones I like the best is how we’ve begun to link directly to specific relevant areas that support the product.
Support: If you click on the Support button, it expands out to reveal links that do directly to relevant downloads, troubleshooting and other information that support the products in this category (and of course, we also link from specific product pages — which is an extremely handy way to jump to the correct place).
Follow Us: Relevant community links, twitter feeds, podcasts, blogs, etc are grouped together under the Follow Us button. This is the first time we’ve consistently grouped this information together by category, and you may be surprised at the rich information available via social feeds by product category.
Here’s a recap of additional enhancements, which I mentioned on the blog last week:
1. Faster performance load time. The pages are faster to load, thanks to sleeker pages.
2. Clearer linking to the “All products” listing. It’s easier to get to the full list of all products in a category, thanks to more obvious links that go directly.
3. Consistent treatment for Contact Us and related information.
4. Consistent navigation to related Communities, Support, How to Buy functions, as shown above.
5. Clearer linkages to reference designs and other important functions.
6. Elevated technology and business benefits areas – so you don’t have to go hunting for them.
7. More ROI information, and in more obvious places.
8. Better information about services and solutions related to product areas.
9. Consistent routes to segments/size-specific views of products where it applies (e.g. small business).
10. Removing the left nav at this top level, which confused new customers (you can more easily move using the flydown megamenus at the top)
11. Improved writing – We rewrote some things that… well to be honest, were confusing.
12. Ongoing improvements–We’ll be making additional improvements based on your feedback, and what we see in site metrics.
Let us know what you think.Tags: