Don’t forget to set your reminder for Community Manager Appreciation Day (#CMAD) which happens Monday January 24, 2011. (Watch Cisco’s LaSandra Brill interview Altimeter’s Jeremiah Owyang on this topic below.)
Held the fourth Monday of every January, this holiday is meant to make our community managers aware of just how much we appreciate what they do. You know, it’s not just posting content. Community Managers are responsible for the overall experience and relationship one develops in a community. Community Managers can be answering a support question one minute, developing a new community the next, while submitting some product innovation feedback on behalf of their communities. And that may just be in the first couple hours of coming into the office…
To show our appreciation, communities around the world are hosting events. If you’d like to get involved or let your community manager know where to head off after the office closes on Monday, here’s a list of events which was compiled by Altimeter Group’s Jeremiah Owyang:
- Boston is hosting a physical event.
- New York is hosting a physical event
- SF/Silicon Valley is hosting a physical event
- Austin is going to host a physical event
- Denver is hosting their event
- Toronto is hosting a physical event
- London is hosting a “wild” physical event
- Barcelona is hosting “Día del Community Manager”
- Amsterdam is hosting an event, with more commentary here
- Switzerland is having a discussion (I’m not sure what it says)
We plan to post something special on Monday for our Community Managers but to get you ready for the big day, here’s a video from Community Manager Guru, Jeremiah Owyang.
Listen to his predictions of what Community Managers can expect in 2011.
Come back Monday to our special Community Manager thank you!