WebEx Recordings are Good for Business
With a free, WebEx Basic Account, create an online recording of anything that can help your business:
- use video via your webcam to provide a product demo
- share slides via desktop sharing to review a sales presentation
- a combination of both to provide a behind-the-scenes look at your business
Then, once your WebEx is recorded, post it to WebEx Channels, our online library of content on almost any topic! WebEx Channels is available to everyone and will help increase the chances of your content being picked up by search engines. It’s also a great way to host your content that’s fast and easy and doesn’t require touching your existing website.
Here are a few tips to make recording a success.
1. Turn off everything running on your computer that might interrupt your desktop sharing session (you don’t want emails popping up or IMs).
2. You have to record until you are ready. So set everything up and make sure you slides are ready to go before you hit “share”.
3. You must use WebEx audio; if you are using the free, basic account, that is via VoIP on your computer.
4. Speak like you are talking to an audience. Sometimes I actually stand up to record a WebEx because I want to sound energized and enthusiastic. At a minimum, sit on the edge of your chair and smile! It really makes a difference.
5. We find a standalone presentation of 10 minutes or less is about right unless you have a really compelling story.
Our only caveat when posting to WebEx Channels
Please keep the content appropriate. The site is open to the general public. Please post content that you would feel comfortable sharing with your grandmother or your child. Anything you post is available via our search engine, so only post information you want to share with everyone.Tags: