Daily, we read about and experience the increasing importance of mobility and cloud offerings in the SMB market—and inherent in these trends is the capacity to configure appropriate switches. Tablets, smartphones and laptops are prevalent in the workplace and as SMBs often forgo funding an IT department, it is crucial that their hardware and solutions scale as business transforms.
That said, a recent testing report conducted by Miercom details how Cisco SMB Ethernet switches outperform those of HP and D-Link across the board. From overall performance and price to security, ease of use, and energy efficiency, Cisco’s switches are raising the bar. Highlights from the report include:
- “Cisco delivered the highest capacity and scalability of configuration parameters including VLANs, MACs, ACLs, and IP Routes.”
- “The Cisco switches provided the best resiliency when subjected to a DoS attack.”
- “Cisco switches can be seen as more economical as measured using normalized pricing of Price per Gigabit and Price per PoE Watt.”
- “The Cisco switches were the easiest to configure and implement.”
- “Cisco switches demonstrated superiority in the SMB switch market.”
- “The combination of feature-rich design and high performance makes them [Cisco switches] a good value for SMB customers.”
Looking to save with increased energy efficiency? Cisco SMB switches support EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet), an innovative way of reducing the power consumption of network devices. Imagine, a switch intuitive enough to know when and how to regulate its power. Unlike Cisco, comparable HP and D-Link SMB switches do not support the EEE feature and therefore require more energy more often, thereby increasing energy bills.
What does this mean for your small business? Cisco switches scale to meet the needs of networks of all sizes. Whether you’re a company looking to expand your base to include voice, video and data, or one that simply needs reliable network performance at an affordable price, Cisco switches deliver scalable network management to your business as it changes.
Are you a small business using Cisco switches? We’d like to hear your stories. Check out the comments section below.