Considering that the number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the world’s population in 2012,[i] and that wireless device traffic will exceed wired device traffic by 2014, we say it’s a great time to make sure you are. In fact, mobile data traffic has doubled in the past four years and tablets are making their way into the office with more than 3.4X the traffic than a smart phone. Businesses are recognizing these upward trends, as a matter of fact; cloud adoption for small businesses is growing quickly with 72-percent of small businesses using the cloud in 2011 to 98 percent in 2015[ii]. So are your networks built to support the growing use of mobility and cloud in the SMB workplace? Cisco’s new lineup of small business solutions could be just the ticket to get you there.
The new line up of small business solutions include:
- 2 new Routers
- 2 new Access Points
- 500 and 500X Series of Managed and Stackable Switches
- New Voice and Unified Communication solutions
- New OnPlus™ wireless managed services add on to our OnPlus service for resellers
Product and Solutions Highlights
Wireless Access Points: Cisco WAP121 and WAP321
Cisco’s new WAP121 and WAP321 wireless access points provide customers with fast, robust coverage to support increased productivity from devices while protecting sensitive data.
- The new sleek design and Power over Ethernet (PoE) support enable easy ceiling, wall and shelf mounting to optimize the Wi-Fi coverage area.
Routers: Cisco RV180 and RV180W Wireless-N VPN Routers
To address increasing connectivity needs, Cisco has added the easy-to-use, high-performance RV180 and RV180W Wireless-N to its line of routers that are purpose-built for SMBs. These devices are designed to deliver highly secure broadband connectivity and highly secure remote access with optional wireless capabilities.
- An intuitive, browser-based configuration, along with Gigabit Ethernet WAN and 4-port Gigabit Ethernet switch allow users to be up-and-running quickly.
The Cisco 500 Series switches are the next-generation of high performance switches for SMBs designed to handle the increasing traffic from mobile devices as well as the increasing needs of video and IP phone environments.
- With models ranging from 24 to 52 ports, these switches also offer automated management of redundant broadband connections through Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) to support the need for always-on connectivity to cloud services and are IPv6 compatible.
Voice and Unified Communications
Voice and unified communications technologies provide a valuable productivity boost to any business, especially SMBs. Workers using unified communication technologies are estimated to gain 32 minutes per day of time in productivity. New Cisco IP voice and communications technologies include:
- Cisco UC320 Unified Communications System
- Version 2.2 of the UC320W system includes an integrated wireless access point, Gigabit WAN connectivity, an integrated 4-port switch and an analog phone/fax port to cover a broad range of small business needs, quickly and easily.
- SPA512G and SPA514G Phones
- Single-line and 4-line IP phones provide high definition voice and data communications.
- 2-port Gigabit Ethernet switch allows for easy connection of PCs and other networked devices.
- SPA112 and SPA122 Telephone Adapters
- Easy-to-install 2-port adapters with option routing capabilities are designed to connect analog phones and fax machines to IP voice and UC solutions.
- Cisco WBPN Wireless-N Bridge
Cisco OnPlus Service
The Cisco OnPlus Service enables solution providers to expand their managed services offerings with valuable network advisory services. The cloud-based service provides solution providers with a simple and affordable way to deliver assessment, management and proactively advise their small business customers from anywhere and anytime. The real-time alerts and remote management capabilities of OnPlus enable solution providers to detect and resolve problems quickly to elevate customer satisfaction and efficiently to preserve their own profitability.
More information on the Cisco lineup of small business offerings can be found at the website: Cisco Small Business.
[i] Cisco Visual Network 2011
[ii] Harvard Business Review 2011