Security Intelligence Operations Portal: A New Look for a Trusted Resource
Over the weekend, we updated a security resource that many of you have come to trust: the Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO) Portal. Just as the threat landscape around us changes with time, the portal has also evolved, all while delivering timely security intelligence in a usable and intuitive manner. Throughout, we have continued to adapt the site to meet your needs.
The redesign was a direct response to your feedback. Not only did we review submitted visitor comments—using the permanent feedback mechanisms of the portal—but we commissioned a survey of 150 customers and facilitated an extensive focus group to help guide our efforts. The new SIO Portal features simpler navigation, naming, and categorization as a result.
Today, the SIO Portal consolidates and correlates many diverse aspects of Cisco Security Intelligence Operations:
- Cisco IntelliShield Alerts that describe technical security events across a spectrum of vendors and services
- Cisco IPS Threat Defense Bulletins that notify you of new protections offered by the Cisco Intrusion Prevention System product line, and detailed IPS Signature information that describes specific vulnerabilities detected and exploits defeated
- Cisco Security Advisories and Responses that disclose Cisco product vulnerabilities, and Applied Mitigation Bulletins that offer relevant network-based mitigation and detection techniques
- A direct channel from the Cisco Security Blog that keeps you current on the events and challenges identified by Cisco security leaders
- Event Responses that consolidate pertinent information around major security events, such as the biannual Cisco IOS Software Advisory bundled publication and Microsoft’s monthly security updates, into a single resource so you can readily assess threats to your network
- Security White Papers and Best Practices that detail leading security tools and techniques that can make networks more secure and individuals more knowledgeable and effective
- Weekly Cyber Risk Reports that highlight industry and world events relevant to the security of your organization
- A variety of featured content identified by the SIO community as both timely and relevant to our customers
Did the recent update make the portal more useful to you? What improvements would you like to see next?
Let us know what you think!